Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just finished watching this , ELi - every interesting take on an exorcism movie with an unexpected psychological twist I give it 6,5/10
Eli-Netflix-Original-Horror-Preview.jpg
It was a pretty standard "haunting/possession" type movie right up until the last 20 minutes that went totally for broke and elevated above the middle of the road movie it seemed like it was going to be.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was Cronenberg’s “The Brood”, one that I tried to watch many years ago in the dark ages but got my first seeious and (mostly) sober watch in last night. I’d say on first-impression it’s up there with my favorite from 80s-Cronenberg like The Dead Zone and Scanners, engaging story with enough subtext to chew on.

This one seemed especially imbued with a specific anger and message to get across, so it came as no surprise that this was a film he wrote during a heated divorce with his first wife and mother of his first child.

It was super interesting to also learn that this creative process also was partly spurned by Kramer vs Kramer, which came out that same year. He wanted to create an answer that upended the seemingly optimistic portrayal of divorce. Crone’ wanted to show his take on all of the emotion horror that happens when a family crumbles around the parents.

Many reviewers seem perturbed by the depiction of the husband’s sanity compared to the wife’s emotional unrest, seeing it as a misogynistic take on the dynamic between the two. To me it seemed that Cronenberg felt the wife and husband both were equals parts victims and culpable parties, and that their child is the true victim in their marriage’s dissolution. Crone was definitely pissed at his ex though, lol.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
The ring vs the grudge is on shudder

Dope film.

I realized something in the grudge that pisses me off.

Whenever kayako appear mother fukkers just let themselves get got :stopitslime: that bytch takes 20 mins to move and these fools just stand there like :ohhh:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was “Shivers”, another Cronenberg cause I was still in the mood for this lane. It’s his first movie so all of the film-school lowbudget exuberance was definitely there. What I liked most about the movie was how he introduced the setting and kept his vision pretty straightforward and firm despite jumping characters often, impressive for someone’s first time directing. The creature fx were also impressive when considering the budget. I didn’t love this like a lot of his other works as it was very tonally meandering but it was nice to see the man’s first film. Honestly the opening shots with voiceover from the advertisement and the closing shots of the radio report were where I got the most out of the movie (very Romero-esque :tongue:)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Eli seems interesting but Netflix movies are really adept at ruining my good time
This was much better than their usual original gahbage . I actually liked it and might rewatch, From a different perspective that I know what the lead up was about. I didn’t hate it- interesting. Reminded me of Identity.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The ring vs the grudge is on shudder

Dope film.

I realized something in the grudge that pisses me off.

Whenever kayako appear mother fukkers just let themselves get got :stopitslime: that bytch takes 20 mins to move and these fools just stand there like :ohhh:
:deadmanny:She’s doing slow motion back flips and body contortions the whole time, which gives ample time for people to at least make an attempt to run or hide.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
:deadmanny:She’s doing slow motion back flips and body contortions the whole time, which gives ample time for people to at least make an attempt to run or hide.
If you go back to watch any of the films.
She appears above the stairs and takes an extensive amount of time crawling down each step.

Everyone who sees her: :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Now she's on the last step. The person finally runs but trips like this :dead::deadrose:

Just laying there like :sadbron::sadbron::sadbron:

Got me yelling at the tv.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you go back to watch any of the films.
She appears above the stairs and takes an extensive amount of time crawling down each step.

Everyone who sees her: :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Now she's on the last step. The person finally runs but trips like this :dead::deadrose:

Just laying there like :sadbron::sadbron::sadbron:

Got me yelling at the tv.
Lmao. Your whole description reminds me of that scene in Austin Powers -