Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I gotta do a strong disagree on the “It 2” discourse my friends ...

When you stack 4-5 scare pieces one after the other, then some flimsy character progression, then a The Thing ripoff in a totally scare-free scene, THEN the final battle.... you’ve made one exhausted viewer. And I’m the kind of person that would rather have a movie with less exposition and a lot of scare scenes over the deadpan depictions of gruesome stuff (a lá the new “elevated horror” films), but this one just beat the dead horse like no other.

I didn’t even blame the young ladies next to me for talking, they were probably more bored than I was. The Muscietti guy left a lot to be desired when it came to absorbing the viewer in the world. Knowing the runtime alone, I braced for boredom but even still I was really struggling to stay on board with this. Sad because I liked Chapter 1
He made the same movie twice but the first is better. That’s the quick summation of the movie

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Which one of you coli horror room head threaders Rob Zombie haters contributed to the making of this youtube vid.. :wtb::beli:?? :unimpressed:

I don’t really care for his movies but I’m not particularly mad about his Halloween adaptations, it’s not like the series had a high quality standard before it. Halloween series stans are annoying

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I don’t really care for his movies but I’m not particularly mad about his Halloween adaptations, it’s not like the series had a high quality standard before it. Halloween series stans are annoying
:stopitslime:What is that supposed to mean? Because I am very into the Halloween series myself.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He made the same movie twice but the first is better. That’s the quick summation of the movie
Lol facts. The first 15 minutes of both chapters set a tone that the rest of the movie could not keep up with. Fukunaga's script gets a bad rep but I'm still mad we couldn't see his version come to fruition.

IT would be better suited as a miniseries on HBO or something, IMO.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was “New Nightmare”. Never saw it, thought I’d try it. I wanna cover more Craven movies this year.

Not much to say about this. The meta-ness was executed well enough, but I think it took the viewer out of any kind of relatability and thus none of the danger was that engaging. Also, kids being central characters in a movie is very, very often a hugely hindering aspect... lol