Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The thing has to be the clear #1.

the Friday the 13th remake gotta be in there. Halloween too probably. The first It. Ving Rhames dawn of the dead. Jessica biel chainsaw. Evil dead. It’s kinda tough to come up with 10 haha
I wouldn’t count it cause it’s an adaptation. To me, if it comes from a book then you can have as many as possible and they’re not really remakes

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
220px-ShadowoftheVampireposter.jpg

At first, I was ready to fall asleep. I guess I didn't know what I was getting into. The shyt got good in the second half.
And the ending was fire. It was one of those movies where the story itself could be boring but the actors themselves act their asses off so there is no way you can hate.

220px-Suspiria.png

This one was decently wild.

I don't know how many movies do this now, but those rituals at the end seem to be a common ending for a lot of horror movies lol. Or am I tripping?? I'm not tryna say this is a bad thing or that the ending of the movie was bad because it was pretty wild. It's just like oh. . . . I'm used to films with rituals and a bunch of people standing around naked offering a sacrifice. shyt used to scare me... but after seeing this type of shyt a few times I feel sort of immune.

I want to write horror fiction/screenplays... And I don't know what took me so long to realize this. But yo... people in the horror world got some fukked up minds. The thoughts they have are not normal at all.

Like these thoughts are fukked up and would probably have most people on meds or somewhere put away... but since these people director horror films, you can just label it art. ahahahaha

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I was referring to it being a remake of The Thing From Another World, but I’m researching it and it doesn’t seem to be considered a remake by most.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
What’s everyone’s favorite 10 horror remakes? Just saw the crazies is on AMC and I remembered how much I love that movie. So yeah now I’m thinking
Actually saw the crazies remake before the original, being a millennial and all. It was scary for teenage me! Lol

the original Crazies is not scary or especially amazing overall.. but from a filmmaking perspective it’s got some great moments, particularly the last 10 minutes

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Watching this Trick movie starring Omar Epps.

Thought I forgot my tablet.

This killer is gettin it POPPIN!!!!

Movie just started buddy caught like 9 bodies!!!!!!

:gladbron:

Edit

Trick.jpg

Last edited:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
The Thing & The Fly are obvious, and exist as great films on their own merit

I love the Naomi Watts remake of The Ring.. scary as shyt especially when I was like 9 lol

I’ve actually never seen the 1978 Body Snatchers but everyone seems to love it. It’s on my list. I’ve seen some of the Elijah Wood “Maniac” remake but never seen the original. Also on my lists

House of Wax remake I remember being scary.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Thing & The Fly are obvious, and exist as great films on their own merit

I love the Naomi Watts remake of The Ring.. scary as shyt especially when I was like 9 lol

I’ve actually never seen the 1978 Body Snatchers but everyone seems to love it. It’s on my list. I’ve seen some of the Elijah Wood “Maniac” remake but never seen the original. Also on my lists

House of Wax remake I remember being scary.
Man that body snatchers remake is dope as hell. It’s on amazon prime right now. And Hulu I think.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was this year’s “Bliss”, by Joe Begos.

Yet another entry in the “metal-horror” genre alongside movies like “Mandy” and “The Devil’s Candy”, it had some great potential but squandered it by never driving its plot towards anything meaningful. It’s tough to make an 80 minute movie seem too long but that’s what happens when you favor imagery over plot for the entire movie. Great visuals but frustratingly dull. Kind of how I felt about “Mandy”, but this movie’s faults were in its lack of storytelling decisions whereas Mandy faulted on making poor storytelling decisions imo.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I want to but I swear someone did before. I feel it in my bones lol.
We've discussed it in here before, something similar. Along the lines of which early movies from the 20s-80s have the best remakes, but not an official thread, just in this thread. We talked about House of Wax (at least that's one that I mentioned)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. The thing
2. The crazies
3. The blob
4. Invasion of the body snatchers
5. Evil dead
6. Fright night
7. The ring