Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sigh. Idk man. I think I’m done with him. Several docs. That movie. I think I’m good
I've been fascinated by it since I was a kid. Just the idea that a white man could get that many POCs to follow him not only to another country to live in a jungle but then kill themselves is something that I can't wrap my head around.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've been fascinated by it since I was a kid. Just the idea that a white man could get that many POCs to follow him not only to another country to live in a jungle but then kill themselves is something that I can't wrap my head around.
Religion. Religion in the wrong hands is a dangerous tool, homie. White, black or orange. It's why some of the best horror flicks are about perverting the power of religion and seeing how it can corrupt and mislead. God is one thing, but man is something else entirely.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Ok. I don’t even know what Letterboxd is - “you kids with all of your fancy apps and platforms :old:
Lollll I’m feeling :flabbynsick: too Nowadays

Anyway I’m pretty general, like all horror sub-genres have dope material to me. I love most all of the work of carpenter, Romero, craven, etc..

I like a lot of the new blood that came around the middle of the decade like Wingard, Marshall, Eggers, Flanagan, Peele, Saulnier...

I try to keep it modern cause there tends to be more ambition and attempt at subtext in the original ideas than flicks that go for recreating the 80s/90s vibe

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This. That’s my issue with the whole incident. His influence which allowed for their children and families to poison their minds and bodies. For one person to have control and power over them.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Religion. Religion in the wrong hands is a dangerous tool, homie. White, black or orange. It's why some of the best horror flicks are about perverting the power of religion and seeing how it can corrupt and mislead. God is one thing, but man is something else entirely.
:ohhh:False Gods. The cliched thin line between good and evil.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s feature was Don Coscarelli’s Masters of Horror entry “Incident On and Off a Mountain Road” ... quite an odd one.

Points added for uniqueness and good pacing. Points docked for pushing the thesis of the movie further than it needed (some things are better inferred off-screen rather than depicted blatantly imo...). Nice to see Angus Scrimm aka The Tall Man in a totally opposite character archetype. Overall fairly solid.

Now I’ve seen Carpenter’s Cigarette Burns and this. Anyone got any other favorites from the Masters of Horror series they would recommend?

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Last night’s feature was Don Coscarelli’s Masters of Horror entry “Incident On and Off a Mountain Road” ... quite an odd one.

Points added for uniqueness and good pacing. Points docked for pushing the thesis of the movie further than it needed (some things are better inferred off-screen rather than depicted blatantly imo...). Nice to see Angus Scrimm aka The Tall Man in a totally opposite character archetype. Overall fairly solid.

Now I’ve seen Carpenter’s Cigarette Burns and this. Anyone got any other favorites from the Masters of Horror series they would recommend?
Imprint is one of the most uncomfortable, unsettling things I’ve ever watched