Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For all of you Rob Zombie haters - you do realize that he started off as a musician and parlayed that into horror movies.
:patrice:

To quote Claire huxtable, let the record show I don’t hate zombie. I don’t care for his Halloween flicks but I don’t think he’s a bad director. He has an aesthetic that doesn’t always work for me but I always understand what he’s going for and where he’s coming from. And the man never makes a boring movie, which I appreciate. He makes grisly horror flicks that reflect his music. Even though he’s a suburban kid from Massachusetts :russ:

But still, that’s the shyt that interests him. He knows his horror and he loves Texas chain saw massacre; it shows. I respect the dude.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Ok sperts - I am calling all FULCI heads for this one

What are your 2-3 favorite Fulci films? What do you love about his style? Was he an influencer to Argento, visa-versa or both? Seems like their filmography timelines were pretty similar

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

What are your 2-3 favorite Fulci films? What do you love about his style? Was he an influencer to Argento, visa-versa or both? Seems like their filmography timelines were pretty similar
Never heard of him, but I'm reading into it now to see if there's any movies that I've seen but may have not known who it was attached to.
Zombies, Slashers, Ghosts and Extreme Gore: Ranking All 21 of Lucio Fulci’s Horror Films
and
"Many of Fulci's horror films tend to contain "injury to the eye" sequences, in which a character's eyeball is either pierced or pulled out of its socket...":damn:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The beyond and zombie

I think they’re the jay and nas of their era. They fed off each other without directly copying each other. One couldn’t exist without the other
Never heard of him, but I'm reading into it now to see if there's any movies that I've seen but may have not known who it was attached to.
Zombies, Slashers, Ghosts and Extreme Gore: Ranking All 21 of Lucio Fulci’s Horror Films
and
"Many of Fulci's horror films tend to contain "injury to the eye" sequences, in which a character's eyeball is either pierced or pulled out of its socket...":damn:
The two movies I named are on shudder. Peep them. May need a barf bag nearby tho

Daps
Reppin
Denver

The beyond is the only fulci movie I’ve seen. Dude is fukkin out there. Makes Argento movies seem structured and normal

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
@Flex Grossman @MartyMcFly @Nicole0416 Thanks for the input. I wanted to try out some of his stuff since I’m totally new to it, and Italian horror in general (only seen Suspiria and Deep Red iirc). Gotta learn what my fellow paisanos have contributed to the genre apart from the overly saturated adoration for giallo on letterboxd

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The Byond had that wild ass music!
:russ:

music was kinda poppin tho.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Byond had that wild ass music!
:russ:

music was kinda poppin tho.
You want the score on record?

@Flex Grossman @MartyMcFly @Nicole0416 Thanks for the input. I wanted to try out some of his stuff since I’m totally new to it, and Italian horror in general (only seen Suspiria and Deep Red iirc). Gotta learn what my fellow paisanos have contributed to the genre apart from the overly saturated adoration for giallo on letterboxd
it’s not Argento but check out blood and black lace by Bava