Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whats that 2-Sentence Horror Stories on NETFLIX like?

I watched the first three and was pleasantly surprised by the first couple. They pack a decent amount of plot into really quick hits. I wouldn't rate it scary but there's a good horror vibe and the episodes play on real world experiences as much as supernatural from what I saw (some are purely real world). The only thing is that since the run times are short, they move things forward fast and can't afford to be subtle leading into some twists.

Marianne is better for pure horror, but it's a full season focused on one plot.

Side note: Did yall ever watch Inside Number 9? Not every episode was horror/thriller but when they went creepy, it was always really good. There are a couple of real standout episodes in particular I'd love to hear others' opinions on (one of the 2-Sentence Horror Stories reminded me of an episode).

Daps
Side note: Did yall ever watch Inside Number 9? Not every episode was horror/thriller but when they went creepy, it was always really good. There are a couple of real standout episodes in particular I'd love to hear others' opinions on (one of the 2-Sentence Horror Stories reminded me of an episode).
The best anthology series I've seen in recent memory; consistently better than Black Mirror. There are far too many standout episodes to name, but keeping in theme with this thread: The Devil of Christmas, To Have and To Hold, and The 12 Days Of Christine.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The best anthology series I've seen in recent memory; consistently better than Black Mirror. There are far too many standout episodes to name, but keeping in theme with this thread: The Devil of Christmas, To Have and To Hold, and The 12 Days Of Christine.

100% co-sign that it beats out Black Mirror. I don't think Hulu has seasons 3 or 4 (it didn't when I watched) so I haven't seen a couple of the ones you mentioned but 12 Days of Christine is absolutely one of my favorite episodes. Cold Comfort is another major standout episode for me, I'm not really sure how I'd classify it but the creep factor of it all really stuck with me more than most hard body horror does.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Checked out THE FURIES.

It was odd. Like all of Leatherface's slowful cousins made a wrong turn at Albuquerque on the way to the family reunion and just started killing mentally sketchy Australian women in the goriest way possible.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I haven't seen 3 from hell, yet. I know what you are referring to since you can't stop referencing Rob Zombie negatively multiple times throughout this thread. I'll see for myself and you can't def count on the fact that I'll be thinking of you when I do, which will make me have a greater appreciation for it just off your noted false bias. You don't go into RZ movies thinking about depth of character - you just watch bc you know he's demented and his movies are demented- you watch for the levels of demented and depravity which he knows how to do without being too extra or over the top which is an art in itself bc he knows how to filter it.
Like I said, I'll watch 3 from hell and review for myself.
No he's not a terrible filmmaker - his movies are dark and dimensional, for a reason. Just bc he doesn't fit your horror movie "norms" doesn't mean he hasn't made positive contributions. I appreciate the remakes and the twisted takes that he has on his movies.
Shame, you can't even let Captain Spaulding RIP for 2 seconds before you go bashing the movies that he was in.
:gucci::scust:

Do you really go into movies watching a House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Reject movies thinking "hey, I wonder what this is going to be about" or how iconic or entertaining will this be. No that's not his lane. He comes out with movies like once every 7 yrs. You go bc you're trying to see what he thought of next or what concepts will he bring to the story.
Rob Zombie is that one goth dude in class who you know as long as he's preoccupied with drawing on his notepad or writing up stories; you don't have to worry that he's taking out his aggression and pent up angst on live animals or channeling demonic spirits to possess people who won't leave him alone.

For all of you Rob Zombie haters - you do realize that he started off as a musician and parlayed that into horror movies.
:patrice:

Me either. My point is that film was not his experience level unlike other horror creators and writers who were immersed in it .

giphy.gif

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was “Xtro”

Took some effort finding a random streaming link on some janky site but it was worth it. Very much in line with the 80s body horror stuff like The Thing, Possession & Cronenberg’s stuff. Had a decent allegory in the main story about dad’s coming home after mom’s moved on, and how it affects the kid, etc - which helps the overall movie go beyond just a gore fest. Lot of great ideas that worked. Pretty interested in seeing the sequels now.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Checked out THE FURIES.

It was odd. Like all of Leatherface's slowful cousins made a wrong turn at Albuquerque on the way to the family reunion and just started killing mentally sketchy Australian women in the goriest way possible.
Let me guess.. it reminds you of Texas Chainsaw so therefore, you hate it.
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Let me guess.. it reminds you of Texas Chainsaw so therefore, you hate it.
giphy.gif
No, the bad guys actually all looked like Leatherface cosplayers.

I didn't hate it, it just seemed incredibly focused on making violence against women about as in your face as it could possibly be. The deaths of women were just much gorier than the deaths of the male characters.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
No, the bad guys actually all looked like Leatherface cosplayers.

I didn't hate it, it just seemed incredibly focused on making violence against women about as in your face as it could possibly be. The deaths of women were just much gorier than the deaths of the male characters.
oh ok. got you. I'll check it out. I looked up this clip - this gave me an indication.