Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The best subplot of our thread is you two and zombie :russ:

Even during blessed Halloween season, no detente in sight :wow:
I think I might post my full reviews of Zombie's Halloween movies just as a gift to @Nicole0416 during this most wonderful time of the year.:ricksmirk:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I was talking about 3 From Hell with the utter garbage with no redeeming qualities comment.
He is a terrible filmmaker though and both of his Halloween movies were ass.
I haven't seen 3 from hell, yet. I know what you are referring to since you can't stop referencing Rob Zombie negatively multiple times throughout this thread. I'll see for myself and you can't def count on the fact that I'll be thinking of you when I do, which will make me have a greater appreciation for it just off your noted false bias. You don't go into RZ movies thinking about depth of character - you just watch bc you know he's demented and his movies are demented- you watch for the levels of demented and depravity which he knows how to do without being too extra or over the top which is an art in itself bc he knows how to filter it.
Like I said, I'll watch 3 from hell and review for myself.
No he's not a terrible filmmaker - his movies are dark and dimensional, for a reason. Just bc he doesn't fit your horror movie "norms" doesn't mean he hasn't made positive contributions. I appreciate the remakes and the twisted takes that he has on his movies.
Shame, you can't even let Captain Spaulding RIP for 2 seconds before you go bashing the movies that he was in.
:gucci::scust:

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I was talking about 3 From Hell with the utter garbage with no redeeming qualities comment.
He is a terrible filmmaker though and both of his Halloween movies were ass.
Do you really go into movies watching a House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Reject movies thinking "hey, I wonder what this is going to be about" or how iconic or entertaining will this be. No that's not his lane. He comes out with movies like once every 7 yrs. You go bc you're trying to see what he thought of next or what concepts will he bring to the story.
Rob Zombie is that one goth dude in class who you know as long as he's preoccupied with drawing on his notepad or writing up stories; you don't have to worry that he's taking out his aggression and pent up angst on live animals or channeling demonic spirits to possess people who won't leave him alone.