Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
welcome back...and yup - started my binges this weekend and saw Brightburn last weekend. So far I've caught up and watched Crawl, Midsommar, Annabelle (most recent). and a few eps of American Horror story, The Purge series. also wasted an hour of half of my life watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" on Netflix - they have failed me yet again, and I keep going back :snoop:I thought it was supposed to be a horror/thriller. I was not thrilled. But after 30mins, I was already invested and finished it out bc the trailer hooked me and I like Bookeem Woodbine as an actor.
Bokeem Woodbine, an HBO all-star! His character in sopranos is awesome lmao

Thoughts on Crawl? Def have that on my list cause I love a good creature feature. I had the displeasure of seeing Midsommar in theaters... lol. Might peep the new Annabelle but I haven’t seen the movies before it

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Word. I thought it would be a lot more brutal than it is because this is the same guy who did high tension and the hills have eyes remake. That man doesn’t hold back on a damn thing
:ohhh:I knew that name sounded familiar when I saw the credits. Yeah, this movie was lowkey in terms of graphic imagery and gore factor compared to those. This movie was deeper though in terms of story and character background so maybe he wasn't trying to distract from that, or appeal to a wide audience, with all the shock value for attention. The kill scenes were more subtle- just a couple of body parts floating around here and there to let you know - "nope they didn't make it or yup, they're about to get got" :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh:I knew that name sounded familiar when I saw the credits. Yeah, this movie was lowkey in terms of graphic imagery and gore factor compared to those. This movie was deeper though in terms of story and character background so maybe he wasn't trying to distract from that, or appeal to a wide audience, with all the shock value for attention. The kill scenes were more subtle- just a couple of body parts floating around here and there to let you know - "nope they didn't make it or yup, they're about to get got" :francis:
Yeah I think that was the sam Rami influence. Rami produced crawl so there’s still going to be some levity to it. Unlike his other movies which have no damn levity whatsoever. The hills have eyes is still the only movie I’ve ever seen that made my stomach hurt and I had to walk out the theater for a bit :russ:

Dude had no scruples about showing anything. Nothing was off limits

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it has a 6.2 rating on IMDB - IMDB horror ratings are usually on the mark imo.
For some reason, people rank horror movies on the low end of the scale. So as long as a horror movie gets a 4.5 or above, I'll watch. A 6 or 7 rating in horror is actually pretty good at the top end of the scale. Crawl has a 6.4. Brightburn is 6.2. Horror movies are subjective depending on a lot of reasons I find that non-fans of the genre go into it with unrealistic expectations or miss the underlying factors .

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bokeem Woodbine, an HBO all-star! His character in sopranos is awesome lmao

Thoughts on Crawl? Def have that on my list cause I love a good creature feature. I had the displeasure of seeing Midsommar in theaters... lol. Might peep the new Annabelle but I haven’t seen the movies before it
Crawl was great - I liked it. You will not be disappointed. It's just a fun type of disaster movie. Don't go into it expecting an epic adventure themed type movie - enjoy it for what it is. Suspenseful moments. If you remember the movie, "Tornado" well it's better than that but with alligators and Florida natural environment fukkery:mjgrin: