Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Heya everyone long time no see. We stoked for October? :tongue:
welcome back...and yup - started my binges this weekend and saw Brightburn last weekend. So far I've caught up and watched Crawl, Midsommar, Annabelle (most recent). and a few eps of American Horror story, The Purge series. also wasted an hour of half of my life watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" on Netflix - they have failed me yet again, and I keep going back :snoop:I thought it was supposed to be a horror/thriller. I was not thrilled. But after 30mins, I was already invested and finished it out bc the trailer hooked me and I like Bookeem Woodbine as an actor.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
welcome back...and yup - started my binges this weekend. So far I've caught up and watched Crawl, Midsommar, Annabelle (most recent). and a few eps of American Horror story, The Purge series. also wasted an hour of half of my life watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" on Netflix - they have failed me yet again, and I keep going back :snoop:I thought it was supposed to be a horror/thriller. I was not thrilled. But after 30mins, I was already invested and finished it out.
Was Crawl any good?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have
Brightburn
Midsommar
And
Creepshow tv series in the chamber. Which should I watch first?

@Nicole0416 @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra @Lootpack @BXKingPin82
I haven’t seen midsommar yet. Plan on watching it one day this week (side note when the fukk are we starting that daily horror thread)

so I’d go brightburn, midsommar and then creepshow to wash it all down with. I’d ditch brightburn tho if it were me :manny:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I haven’t seen midsommar yet. Plan on watching it one day this week (side note when the fukk are we starting that daily horror thread)

so I’d go brightburn, midsommar and then creepshow to wash it all down with. I’d ditch brightburn tho if it were me :manny:
Whoa Why? I love superheroes and horror. Will I hate it?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have
Brightburn
Midsommar
And
Creepshow tv series in the chamber. Which should I watch first?

@Nicole0416 @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra @Lootpack @BXKingPin82
Brightburn first. Just bc killer psycho kids are always entertaining to me. :deadmanny:
Save Midsommar for last- that movie is a real certified insanity trip of a mindfuk. I expected it to be weird but dammmmnn :dahell:it's illuminutty ritualistic demonic possession, sun worship, satanic practices, drink the kool aid killer cult type dark. That movie is reallllll dark but it's so dark that it's ironic considering the environment contrasts with the scenery (you'll see what I mean). Type of movie that makes you feel weird after watching it on some "Ring" 7 days type of vibe.
Haven't started Creepshow yet, but that's on the list for this week at some point.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Brightburn first. Just bc killer psycho kids are always entertaining to me. :deadmanny:
Save Midsommar for last- that movie is a real certified insanity trip of a mindfuk. I expected it to be weird but dammmmnn :dahell:it's illuminutty ritualistic demonic possession, sun worship, satanic practices, drink the kool aid killer cult type dark. That movie is reallllll dark.
Haven't started Creepshow yet, but that's on the list for this week at some point.
My twin bro keeps saying Glass is good too. Can you or anyone confirm? Would ya'll consider it a horror film.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
What are these lists you guys are talking about?

Everyone scheduling and posting their individual 31 Days of Halloween movie list or is this some big list you all are going to try to watch together?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Whoa Why? I love superheroes and horror. Will I hate it?
I didn’t like it. shyt felt flat to me. @BXKingPin82 liked it tho so it’s all about your taste in horror. I like the concept but didn’t like the....execution. *cue Won’t Get Fooled Again*
What are these lists you guys are talking about?

Everyone scheduling and posting their individual 31 Days of Halloween movie list or is this some big list you all are going to try to watch together?
Master list

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I fukk with crawl. Idk if she does but I love it. It’s a nice mix of Aja’s brutalism and Rami’s playfulness
@Daredevil Crawl was good. Lot of action and tension. Movie was a suspenseful all through out. Not too cheesy or low budget either like Sharknado or Pirahna (movies of that nature). Movie draws you in based off the characters and the force of nature type situation. (Sad in a way bc I don't know if you remember the Florida everglades jetblue flight crash in the news back in the day- but the realism of this movie made me think of what situations the victims had to go through. I remember the news reports saying that the passengers who initially survived the crash, were mauled to death by alligators)
Very good special affects. Definitely a good entry for the "disaster" type subgenre. I recommend.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Daredevil Crawl was good. Lot of action and tension. Movie was a good and suspenseful all through out. Not too cheesy or low budget either like Sharknado or Pirahna (movies of that nature)
Very good special affects. Definitely a good entry for the "disaster" type subgenre. I recommend.
Word. I thought it would be a lot more brutal than it is because this is the same guy who did high tension and the hills have eyes remake. That man doesn’t hold back on a damn thing

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My twin bro keeps saying Glass is good too. Can you or anyone confirm? Would ya'll consider it a horror film.
Haven't seen Glass either. I heard good reviews about it. I never saw it's predecessor movie "Unbreakable", but I remember my friends saying that they didn't like it and the reviews weren't that great. I heard Glass was decent though.