Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I didn’t like it. shyt felt flat to me. @BXKingPin82 liked it tho so it’s all about your taste in horror. I like the concept but didn’t like the....execution. *cue Won’t Get Fooled Again*

Master list
man. i just liked it cause it was straight to the point.
and for me that kinda actually made it more scarier.
cause the little muthafukka learns he got superpowers and was like...

:mjlit:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Oh you need to peep the visit. It’s found footage and it’s probably his best movie since unbreakable or signs
this one was actually pretty cool too IMO.

afflicted-blu-ray.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yeah I think that was the sam Rami influence. Rami produced crawl so there’s still going to be some levity to it. Unlike his other movies which have no damn levity whatsoever. The hills have eyes is still the only movie I’ve ever seen that made my stomach hurt and I had to walk out the theater for a bit :russ:

Dude had no scruples about showing anything. Nothing was off limits
:deadmanny:No chill, nothing at all. That was during that whole Hills Have Eyes and Wrong Turn hillbilly mutants era. That cut back to the scene with the pregnant lady and the birth of their spawn was too much :damn:
I have THE worst luck driving through small towns, I lie to you not. First time, I was driving back home from North Carolina taking my younger brother to college visits in the area, I pulled over at this small rest stop right on the NC/VA border to get drinks and snacks. We get back in the car, ready to leave and the gear shift wouldn't move - it was stuck in park. We tried to force the gear shifter, but ended up breaking it. We were literally stuck in some small unknown town, pitch black, 9pm on a sunday, in the middle of nowhere. It's not like the big rest stops on the NJ turnpike where there's a constant flow of people and a service shop. on everything, the scenario played out just like a movie - called for a tow truck, driver said it would take a while to dispatch bc of the location and time. Driver came out after 2 hrs waiting- told us there's a hotel a couple of miles off the road, I could drop yall off :whistle:- as soon as the tow driver took us there, I called my older brother to come get us asap. He tells me that he'll leave out in the morning:snooze: - I'm like No! come get us now :damn:he responds, it's an 8 hr drive from NJ to NC:dahell:i don't care, :damn:there's no airport or trains within a 100 mile radius, no cabs, nothing... I know that I called him every hour, talking about "how far are you away??":lupe: another time was me getting stuck in a small town near UVA, this was when the college girls were going missing around 2013-2014 (Alexis Murphy, Hannah Graham etc). Not to mention the time I got lost taking back roads, gas light on red on my way to Great Wolf Lodge in VA. I don't press my luck with that ish anymore. smh.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:deadmanny:No chill, nothing at all. That was during that whole Hills Have Eyes and Wrong Turn hillbilly mutants era. That cut back to the scene with the pregnant lady and the birth of their spawn was too much :damn:
I have THE worst luck driving through small towns, I lie to you not. First time, I was driving back home from North Carolina taking my younger brother to college visits in the area, I pulled over at this small rest stop right on the NC/VA border to get drinks and snacks. We get back in the car, ready to leave and the gear shift wouldn't move - it was stuck in park. We tried to force the gear shifter, but ended up breaking it. We were literally stuck in some small unknown town, pitch black, 9pm on a sunday, in the middle of nowhere. It's not like the big rest stops on the NJ turnpike where there's a constant flow of people and a service shop. on everything, the scenario played out just like a movie - called for a tow truck, driver said it would take a while to dispatch bc of the location and time. Driver came out after 2 hrs waiting- told us there's a hotel a couple of miles off the road, I could drop yall off :whistle:- as soon as the tow driver took us there, I called my older brother to come get us asap. He tells me that he'll leave out in the morning:snooze: - I'm like No! come get us now :damn:he responds, it's an 8 hr drive from NJ to NC:dahell:i don't care, :damn:there's no airport or trains within a 100 mile radius, no cabs, nothing... I know that I called him every hour, talking about "how far are you away??":lupe: another time was me getting stuck in a small town near UVA, this was when the college girls were going missing around 2013-2014 (Alexis Murphy, Hannah Graham etc). Not to mention the time I got lost taking back roads, gas light on red on my way to Great Wolf Lodge in VA. I don't press my luck with that ish anymore. smh.
That whole scenario you described is why I stay my ass near street lights :whoa:

I’m not trying to be on the next season of making a murderer.

When Aja showed the mutant cannibal sucking the breast milk out of the mom in hills have eyes I was like “yup can’t do it”:russ: That shyt had my stomach in fukking knots

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
this one was actually pretty cool too IMO.

afflicted-blu-ray.jpg

This was good. Reminds me of "It Follows" without the STD, sex angle but substitute that with a flesh eating virus or pathogen from a carrier which causes urges. I'll say less so that I won't spoil it. I don't know if yall remember my post from a few months back where I was talking about the "spin off" movie to this, shows what happens when people who have this "disease" are cured and try to assimilate back into normalcy. I think it's called "Cured" or "The Cured", not sure if it's supposed to be a legit sequel to this, but it def spins off the concept of this movie.
edit - this
The_Cured_poster.jpg

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This was good. Reminds me of "It Follows" without the STD, sex angle but substitute that with a flesh eating virus or pathogen from a carrier which causes urges. I'll say less so that I won't spoil it. I don't know if yall remember my post from a few months back where I was talking about the "spin off" movie to this, shows what happens when people who have this "disease" are cured and try to assimilate back into normalcy. I think it's called "Cured" or "The Cured", not sure if it's supposed to be a legit sequel to this, but it def spins off the concept of this movie.
the one with Ellen Page right??

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the one with Ellen Page right??
yes, I don't know if was like an official follow up to this movie - but it reminded me of the premise of The Afflicted, both were UK based. And then after these, there was the U.K. Series called "In the Flesh" which is similar to both ideas.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Midsommar over the weekend too. I don't know how to feel about that one but I don't think it was garbage - extremely graphic and brutal, had no empathy for the victims bc her boyfriend and his friends all came across like selfish self serving a--holes. Whoever the actress is that played the role of Dani - absolutely killed her part, she was great. I understand how her mind just snapped and detached- that longing for acceptance, need for a family (after what happened to her sister and parents); she was always on the losing side of situations, so her frame of mind was real desperate. This is the type of movie that's hard to shake from your brain. There's a lot to process with this one. This was true shock terror, gorgeous cinematography, but intense af bc they packed a lot into that movie. Those people were not playing when it comes to their rituals, practices and beliefs.
Dude peed on their ancestry tree - they hit him with the "wait until later, the cult will not tolerate disrespect":demonic:we're letting deformed buddy wear your face like a mask. :umad::damn:

So maybe I was a little hard on it. My problem happened cuz I started off watching the bootleg version and cut it off halfway and I thought the movie had great potential and had me open to finish a better copy. When I finally got the better copy and rewatched it, all the parts I enjoyed I already saw and when I got to the part I didn’t see, it just dried up for me. Like I saw the main crazy scenes midway. The whole ending with shorty wrapped up in branches didn’t meet the cut for me. By that and the sex scene parts, it was kinda predictable and didn’t add anything for me. But overall, decent. Not better than hereditary but the beginning till the middle was good. Just left me hanging towards the ending.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
yes, I don't know if was like an official follow up to this movie - but it reminded me of the premise of The Afflicted, both were UK based. And then after these, there was the U.K. Series called "In the Flesh" which is similar to both ideas.
I know i seen it, dont really remember it for some reason.
I was on this streak of just watching found footage type flicks and remember that Afflicted one being kinda unique.
I think the last Paranormal Activity joint was pretty fresh too.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Creepshow ep 1 on the free sites.

thanks so much for the link. Mixed on this show as production is high, but stories were not that scary. Also the fact that the creeper does not talk and looks more mechanical than the old HBO series is a bit if a bummer.,

Will keep watching though.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I have like a dozen ideas for horror flicks, and I'm not even deep into the horror genre. I'm a casual horror fan, so it's kind of weird. :ld:
Had an idea for a horror film, like a foreal full length horror movie about what REALLY happens to lost lighters.

Some truly terrifying shyt.