Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Do you know what else is corny? People who make a really vague, general statement but don't back up their opinion or explain the reason why they feel about a particular movie or show.
I mean, for me?
Personally and shyt.
I just dont really like them kinda "free for all" "every man for himself" movies save for Battle Royale.
Thats the cream o' da crop for me when it comes to shyt like this.
Rest of these shyts is just "ok."

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
]

Do you know what else is corny? People who make a really vague, general statement but don't back up their opinion or explain the reason why they feel about a particular movie or show.
Where was this same energy/response with this post?

:cheers: mine too! that shyt was dope as hell. I need to see the lead cat in more shyt

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean, for me?
Personally and shyt.
I just dont really like them kinda "free for all" "every man for himself" movies save for Battle Royale.

Battle royale is dope. And it’s the pinnacle of that type of flick. But the purge movies have the political and social commentary that I love. Battle royale did too, but its commentary specific for that part of the world. The purge is talking about things I can see outside my window. They’re not all great. I think the first one is just ok and the series gets better as it goes on, but I like the purge becoming this new version of Romero’s zombie movies in how they always have something to add to our discourse, whether we agree or not.

And they don’t just shoot at everyone; they have very specific targets. Whether it’s wealth, politics, race, gender, etc. and yeah it’s not subtle at all, but I’d argue for the times we’re in now, subtlety isn’t necessary.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Prob just cause I asked her what was her favorite and she responded. Then I responded. Neither one of us were trying to get into a big discussion about it:manny:
I wasn't trying to get into a big discussion either but it's mighty funny when someone says something negative they have to explain why immediately. But when someone says something good, they don't :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Battle royale is dope. And it’s the pinnacle of that type of flick. But the purge movies have the political and social commentary that I love. Battle royale did too, but its commentary specific for that part of the world. The purge is talking about things I can see outside my window. They’re not all great. I think the first one is just ok and the series gets better as it goes on, but I like the purge becoming this new version of Romero’s zombie movies in how they always have something to add to our discourse, whether we agree or not.

And they don’t just shoot at everyone; they have very specific targets. Whether it’s wealth, politics, race, gender, etc. and yeah it’s not subtle at all, but I’d argue for the times we’re in now, subtlety isn’t necessary.
Yeah. You got some legit points. I wont knock nobodies choice of flavor.
I just guess I dont like the execution of the Purge movies.
I guess I just feel like its Americas way of going, "we can most definitely bring this shyt to your doorstep."
:skip:

Like, not even on some trying bring a political message but on some typical American "cause we can ha ha" type shyt.

:deadmanny:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I mean, for me?
Personally and shyt.
Oh ok. I didn't mean to direct that question to you - That comment was for the other poster but I understand what you mean.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wasn't trying to get into a big discussion either but it's mighty funny when someone says something negative they have to explain why immediately. But when someone says something good, they don't :mjlol:
But this is a discussion group .. I mean, it literally says "discussion" in the title.
And we discuss all perspectives in here - good, bad or indifferent.
:comeon:Did you actually come here to participate or troll? Pls. don't filter over from TLR - if you come here with the right intent, then it's all good.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
]

Where was this same energy/response with this post?
Because @MartyMcFly and I engage in regular discussions on this thread, on a weekly basis. We discussed this movie months ago, have discussed a wide variety of horror topics and content going over a year now and I understand his vibe. Being that I rarely see you or your comments on this thread - it's only logical for me to ask; to see what type of energy you bring to this discussion.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Because @MartyMcFly and I engage in regular discussions on this thread, on a weekly basis. We discussed this movie months ago, have discussed a wide variety of horror topics and content going over a year now and I understand his vibe. Being that I rarely see you or your comments on this thread - it's only logical for me to ask; to see what type of energy you bring to this discussion.
So a simple "why" would have been ok but you get in your feelings and act ignorant :jbhmm:

edit: also, its not about just you. Just because you discussed it with that user before, there could be another user that wasnt part of that discussion

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So a simple "why" would have been ok but you get in your feelings and act ignorant :jbhmm:

edit: also, its not about just you. Just because you discussed it with that user before, there could be another user that wasnt part of that discussion
Alright got you. confirms my initial assumption- a tlr poster that I should ignore since I'm here to focus on specific content - just checking. I'm not with the back and forths if it's not about the subject matter at hand.
:unimpressed:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Alright got you. confirms my initial assumption- a tlr poster that I should ignore since I'm here to focus on specific content - just checking. I'm not with the back and forths if it's not about the subject matter at hand.
:unimpressed:
Please put me on ignore. If you wanted to know why you can ask like normal person and not be all in your feelings.