Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It Chapter 2 was good (not as good as the first one) and the adult actors really gave some great performances especially Bill Hader.
The only negative is the ending was a bit meh but I went in expecting that since the ending for IT in the book and the old mini-series were also a bit on the underwhelming side.

I thought it was just ok. it reminded me of one of the nightmare on elm st movies but not in a good way

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought it was just ok. it reminded me of one of the nightmare on elm st movies but not in a good way
You didn't like it? What made you not like it?
There were definitely flaws in it but I think I always resigned myself for Chapter 2 not being as good as Chapter 1 just because the source material was the same way.
That story of a groups of kids fighting an evil entity was always better written than the grown up versions of them doing the same thing. SO my expectations were a bit less lofty going in.
Honestly aside from the ending being meh my only really major gripe was how Mike was written. I thought they almost ruined the character in Chapter 2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You didn't like it? What made you not like it?
There were definitely flaws in it but I think I always resigned myself for Chapter 2 not being as good as Chapter 1 just because the source material was the same way.
That story of a groups of kids fighting an evil entity was always better written than the grown up versions of them doing the same thing. SO my expectations were a bit less lofty going in.
Honestly aside from the ending being meh my only really major gripe was how Mike was written. I thought they almost ruined the character in Chapter 2.

Without repeating everything I already said, it’s not that I didn’t like it. Just thought it was ok. It felt way too episodic, didn’t scare me, felt a bit too comedic at times, and seemed rushed even tho it was 3 hrs. And the over reliance on cgi took me out of a few scenes. I liked the arcs, love the look, like the music, and think the acting was on point and it still had all of the heart of the first movie. Just felt a bit off

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What’s everybody watching tonight? Or this weekend
Ended up watching Godzilla, The Purge Series and binged out on Mindhunter Season 1 and 2 eps into Season 2.
I know Mindhunter is not considered "horror" per se but that show was creepy.
:picard:It is really good mystery/detective show. They covered all the serial killers - Ed Kemper, Son of Sam, BTK etc..dark and twisted.
I've been putting it off bc I thought it was another police drama like CSI or Criminal Minds *yawwnn, but it's much deeper and repulsive (lol) than that. I was intrigued. It could be a horror watch in terms of them reenacting the methods that serial killers used to trap their victims. Takes place during the time period of 1970s-80s, how the BSU FBI unit was started, how the impact of serial killers inspired the investigative team. Real sinister.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was discussing my yearly Halloween movie selection of films a to watch with a co worker and I decided to watch a bunch of Bigfoot movies in October. we are getting the list together now. They may stream as well if they can. I should post what I watch here. NO FOUND FOOTAGE, dammit. And I don't even give a damn if it's so low budget it looks like it's filmed in my backyard,im going to watch it. Halloween Bigfoot fukkery season is upon us. :blessed:
The best "Big Foot" movies that I've seen have actually been the found footage big foot movies. There is actually a "found footage" big foot movie where the setting is in a backyard lol. I wouldn't discount it- it was pretty good. Forgot the name- I just remember the setting and chain of events.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have Shudder on free trial.

Watched Belzebuth yesterday. :whoo:
Any recommendations?
what subgenres do you like?
Revenge, Wolf Creek Series, I'm looking out for CreepShow 9/26, The Hell House LLC series is decent, Big Ben and Badder Ben, The Ranger, Incident in a Ghost Land, Summer of 84,
also watch Horror Noire - documentary
horror com- The Stuff, Critters: A New Binge
Here's a link for September movies
What’s New on Shudder in September 2019 | Heavy.com