Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The trailer for it looked pretty interesting:

I really enjoyed it, one of my favorite horror movies that I've watched this year.

I Trapped the Devil was pretty damned good to me. I don't wanna give away too much, it's fairly short and to the point anyway. A couple rolls up to a friend's crib who is showing signs of delusion and he has locked someone in his basement that he claims is the devil. The rest is the couple (and audience) trying to figure out if it's really the devil back there or if the deranged friend is the real danger to them. It's all tension building to a concluding pay off, kinda how I'd categorize "They look like people." But this one is self contained to a house, so very limited setting. It worked for me because of the mystery and tension in every conversation, plus some really cool shots and direction overall with a pretty short run time. I'd be curious to hear some of your reactions.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What’s everybody watching tonight? Or this weekend
:jbhmm: I need to think about that. But Brightburn is definitely on the list. NOS4A2 Season 1 is also on Shudder now for streaming, and I'm up to Episode 3. The Purge Season 1 is on Hulu - I'm going to start watching that. Deadtectives - an original Shudder movie. Godzilla - King of the Monsters.

I finally got around to watching the new Pet Sematary this past weekend. That shyt was so trash. :deadmanny:
Wowww.. they really dropped the ball on that, I was looking forward to it. The bathtub scene where the father is brushing the hair of his dead daughter, with her hair coming out in clumps and laying next to her rotting corpse in her bedroom was a done deal for me. The first PS relied on scare and fear; this new one was shock value and graphics. They did way too much.
:snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:jbhmm: I need to think about that. But Brightburn is definitely on the list. NOS4A2 Season 1 is also on Shudder now for streaming, and I'm up to Episode 3. The Purge Season 1 is on Hulu - I'm going to start watching that. Deadtectives - an original Shudder movie. Godzilla - King of the Monsters.

I finally got around to watching the new Pet Sematary this past weekend. That shyt was so trash. :deadmanny:
Wowww.. they really dropped the ball on that, I was looking forward to it. The bathtub scene where the father is brushing the hair of his dead daughter, with her hair coming out in clumps and laying next to her rotting corpse in her bedroom was a done deal for me. The first PS relied on scare and fear; this new one was shock value and graphics. They did way too much.
:snoop:

Yeah to paraphrase @trick, that new pet semetary wasn’t very good. I was bored silly through most of it

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What’s everybody watching tonight? Or this weekend

Contemplating a trip to see the second part of It at the theater and trying to find a decent copy of Midsommar. I got Don't Knock Twice queued in Netflix because I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't peeped it yet too...but I always find an excuse not to watch it for some reason.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I was discussing my yearly Halloween movie selection of films a to watch with a co worker and I decided to watch a bunch of Bigfoot movies in October. we are getting the list together now. They may stream as well if they can. I should post what I watch here. NO FOUND FOOTAGE, dammit. And I don't even give a damn if it's so low budget it looks like it's filmed in my backyard,im going to watch it. Halloween Bigfoot fukkery season is upon us. :blessed: