Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They're making a Terrifier 2.

The first movie made no sense. Why would they continue?:mindblown:
shyts basically entering franchise mode lol
the Art the Clown character first debuted in the movie All Hallows Eve.

bout to be an Art the Clown universe!
:russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This nikka gonna end up in space, under water and all other kinds of places he got no buisness being.:mjlol:
Fast and Furious Presents...

TERRIFIER-05-Art-the-Clowns.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
We need to get this year's Halloween list up early so we can plan ahead. Might wanna get a separate thread stickied so everybody can share what streaming services they have so we can choose more carefully and pick stuff everyone can get access too
I'm in :handshake:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:deadmanny::deadrose:why am I not surprised at this. :snoop:
Yeah apparently he married a Jewish woman and when people were saying nasty things about Jews, he told her she’s not Jewish. She’s “a Lovecraft”...he was that type of dude.

But I go through that with James Bond because Ian Fleming had issues. Issues with black people, women, gay men and especially gay women. Like an intense hatred for gay women. It’s all in his writing. Bond himself isn’t racist but man, the guy who created him had some shyt he needed to work through. This was a man who believed a gay woman just needed to have the right penis in her and she’d be “cured”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Do you have a preference for specific franchises? Should nightmare lean more into horror comedy like the latter installments or stick to serious like the first?
Nightmare needs to be serious imo. Horror comedy is not meant for this franchise - the worst Nightmares were when they were getting over the top with the theatrics and punchlines. First one was good bc he had the funny one liners but you knew that he wasn't a joke or for play. Just the concept of not being able to go to sleep is terrifying - I would envision myself in the characters. Imagine being deathly tired and you can't do anything about it - if you sleep you die, if you don't sleep - then you body physically gives out and you still would die. The only way out is to fight.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Question for everyone: do you want your horror flick to be scary and fun or just scary? Or just fun?

Listening to this podcast where they’re doing a draft on the Jason and Freddy franchises and it’s interesting hearing different perspectives on why one is ranked over another. But one of the guests just said he doesn’t want his nightmare on elm st movies to be “fun,” he wants them to be primal and evoke a real sense of dread. Which is why he ranks nightmare 1 over nightmare 3.

So yeah what say you all?
Ultimately - evoking a sense of fear and foreboding are the characteristics of a horror movie for me. I like the adrenaline/anxiety rush and sense of anticipation with horror. I prefer movies that have a sinister approach to them. and I'm one of those people that will watch the same horror movie 2-3 times and still jump at the parts where I know what will happen lol.
But I like Chucky movies too - which I would consider fun. Tucker and Dale is one of the only horror movies that I genuinely liked for what it was - spoofy and satire.
Overall, I prefer the darkness and despair that comes with horror movies. If I want to laugh or have comedic relief, I'll watch a comedy series as balance.