Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like my movies full of dread, lingering doom

( bookmarking this so I can respond tomorrow .. I have something to say lol ) what’s the name of the podcast? I wouldn’t mind listening

Screen draft. It’s like an actual draft lol. The hosts bring in guests and they all act as GMs and make picks for a franchise or series. This particular episode looked at all 20 movies between Jason and Freddy. Essentially they’re ranking them but it’s done with a sports twist. And there’s some gamesmanship too. Episode was 3.5 hrs and I was never bored

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He's bugging. There were two 14-15 yr old girls (sisters) who they show with black eyes and bruises throughout the movie. But it's not like Hostel where they actually show the killer abusing them the whole time. There's another scene where the killer has a room full of dolls - in various states of abuse (heads ripped off, missing eyes, arms etc). He gets off on physically abusing the dolls - in this case, his crossdressing mother/father uses the two kidnapped girls as living dolls for him which he makes them pose as part of his doll collection. There's one scene where he uses a blow torch to burn the dolls hand off which implies that's what he plans to do in order to torture the girls. One of the sisters is a horror writer, she blanks out and starts hallucinating about stories in her head, there's a point in the movie where she has a conversation with Lovecraft. (Typing this out reads weird af, but it's the best that I can do to describe it). The movie is more complex than he makes it seem.
Was Lovecraft extra racist?:mjpls:

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
We need to get this year's Halloween list up early so we can plan ahead. Might wanna get a separate thread stickied so everybody can share what streaming services they have so we can choose more carefully and pick stuff everyone can get access too

Daps
Reppin
Denver
We need to get this year's Halloween list up early so we can plan ahead. Might wanna get a separate thread stickied so everybody can share what streaming services they have so we can choose more carefully and pick stuff everyone can get access too
I have my list I’ll be watching in October all done. It’s a rough top 31 list of my favorite horror movies of all time with some adjustments (skewed newer and added in some of my GFs favorites to keep her interested, removed some I’ve seen too recently) I’ll post that here for ideas for the Coli list and I’m more than willing to pull a double header and watch the movie from my list and the movie from the Coli list if I’m interested :obama:

31. The Hills Have Eyes Remake
30. Signs
29. Trick R Treat
28. 1408
27. The House of the Devil
26. The Last Exorcism
25. He’ll House LLC
24. The Collector
23. Jaws
22. A Nightmare on Elm St.
21. Oculus
20. Silence of the Lambs
19. Alien
18. Suspiria
17. Perkins’ 14
16. Cabin In The Woods
15. Resolution
14. The Conjuring
13. Sinister
12. Get Out
11. The Descent
10. Saw
9. Friday the 13th Part 3
8. Paranormal Activity
7. Scream
6. The Shining
5. The Exorcist
4. Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Thing
1. Halloween

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
I have my list I’ll be watching in October all done. It’s a rough top 31 list of my favorite horror movies of all time with some adjustments (skewed newer and added in some of my GFs favorites to keep her interested, removed some I’ve seen too recently) I’ll post that here for ideas for the Coli list and I’m more than willing to pull a double header and watch the movie from my list and the movie from the Coli list if I’m interested :obama:

31. The Hills Have Eyes Remake
30. Signs
29. Trick R Treat
28. 1408
27. The House of the Devil
26. The Last Exorcism
25. He’ll House LLC
24. The Collector
23. Jaws
22. A Nightmare on Elm St.
21. Oculus
20. Silence of the Lambs