Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

list includes some of the genre’s bloodiest kills, scariest villains, and most shocking jump scares, with death scenes from “It” (2017), “Scream” (1996), “The Blair Witch Project” (1999), “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” (1974),

Scream's bait-and-switch that they pulled with Drew Barrymore in the first 15 minutes of the film gotta be default Top 3 for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Anybody seen or heard of this one? Theater is showing it, so I'm gonna try to catch it when I can.

I really want to see this movie. It's been getting crazy positive reviews and people have been comparing director Issa Lopez's work in this to early Guillermo del Toro and I guess del Toro agrees because he is producing her next movie that's about werewolf cowboys or something.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This thread makes me ask about 'Dracula Untold'

I liked it and thought it should have had a sequel but it wasn't horror or comedy. Perhaps more action/drama.

I doubt we'll ever get a good Dracula horror movie as white girls love these metrofang faggos.

A horror movie should be just that: horror and terror.
I fell asleep during this. I wanted to like this so bad.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Question for everyone: do you want your horror flick to be scary and fun or just scary? Or just fun?

Listening to this podcast where they’re doing a draft on the Jason and Freddy franchises and it’s interesting hearing different perspectives on why one is ranked over another. But one of the guests just said he doesn’t want his nightmare on elm st movies to be “fun,” he wants them to be primal and evoke a real sense of dread. Which is why he ranks nightmare 1 over nightmare 3.

So yeah what say you all?
Scary and fun. When I say fun I want to enjoy the story as well as the horror atmosphere. I'm a big fan of Lovecraftian horror cosmic psychological stuff we can't comprehend but are none the less frightening. In the Mouth of Madness, The Void and The Banshee Chapter are movies that scare me but the Thing is my favorite horror film.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Scary and fun. When I say fun I want to enjoy the story as well as the horror atmosphere. I'm a big fan of Lovecraftian horror cosmic psychological stuff we can't comprehend but are none the less frightening. In the Mouth of Madness, The Void and The Banshee Chapter are movies that scare me but the Thing is my favorite horror film.
What are examples of movies that you would consider both scary and fun?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Fast and Furious Presents...

TERRIFIER-05-Art-the-Clowns.jpg
Art the clown goes to jail. nikka gonna end up like Ernest.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Thing, The Banshee Chapter, The Ritual. In the Mouth of Madness, Halloween 1, 3 and 2018.

Each have interesting Lore and frightening realities that exist in their respective universes.
:obama:
I would also say The Descent, The Good Son, Final Destination (all except for the first one) and Orphan to include in that category too. They were engaging movies and storylines, fun to watch; they're the type of movies where there is a mystery to see what the ending will consist of. Like who would have expected that the "little girl" was actually a psychopathic adult who pretends to be a child in order to get adopted and McCauley's character throwing that fake body over the bridge...
:merchant: :bryan::damn:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:obama:
I would also say The Descent, The Good Son and Orphan to include in that category too. They were engaging movies and storylines, fun to watch; they're the type of movies where there is a mystery to see what the ending will consist of. Like who would have expected that the "little girl" was actually a psychopathic adult who pretends to be a child in order to get adopted and McCauley's character throwing that fake body over the bridge...
:merchant: :bryan::damn:
Was the Decent really the creatures or the main character killing her friends?