Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Both films directed by Michel Haneke. Subtitled.

Benny's Video (1992) - This film actually freaked me out. At parts it's slow and this may not seem 'horror' but it is horrifying. I don't want to say too much about it. During a certain scene I didn't want to keep watching. Can be compared to We Need to Talk About Kevin except this disturbed me more. It's very cold, you know?

Funny Games (1997) - I saw the remake first years ago and decided to go back and finally watch the original, still good. I believe I prefer the original to the remake. This one is messed up as well but more 'playful' than Benny's Video, playful from the perspective of the men in white. I believe I felt more sympathy for the family here compared to the remake but it's been such a long time since I saw that one. The characters here felt more 'real' I guess.

Both films can be frustrating, annoying and disturbing at times due to the hopeless of certain scenes within. I think it may annoy you less if you know what you're getting into. Both films share a theme that is very real.

I recommend both.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Both films directed by Michel Haneke. Subtitled.

Benny's Video (1992) - This film actually freaked me out. At parts it's slow and this may not seem 'horror' but it is horrifying. I don't want to say too much about it. During a certain scene I didn't want to keep watching. Can be compared to We Need to Talk About Kevin except this disturbed me more. It's very cold, you know?

Funny Games (1997) - I saw the remake first years ago and decided to go back and finally watch the original, still good. I believe I prefer the original to the remake. This one is messed up as well but more 'playful' than Benny's Video, playful from the perspective of the men in white. I believe I felt more sympathy for the family here compared to the remake but it's been such a long time since I saw that one. The characters here felt more 'real' I guess.

Both films can be frustrating, annoying and disturbing at times due to the hopeless of certain scenes within. I think it may annoy you less if you know what you're getting into. Both films share a theme that is very real.

I recommend both.

Still haven’t seen the original funny games. Will definitely check it out soon.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
rewatched the entire Saw series this past week, here's my grade breakdown

Saw --- A
Saw II --- A-
Saw III --- A-
Saw IV --- B-
Saw V --- D
Saw VI --- B
Saw VII --- C
Jigsaw --- C+

like i said in here before the first three are great and if they would've left it at those it'd be the greatest horror trilogy of all time, Godfather status :freshjb:

5 was fukkin trash :scust: they rehashed the plot of 2 but in a much lazier manner and you can tell Darren Lynn Bousman left cause the cinematography got worse, shyt felt like a direct to DVD joint but Megan Good being in it kept me from giving it an F

6 was good and felt like a return to form, the plot being centered around his healthcare was a nice touch

7 and 8 were both just decent although 8 had better presentation so i gave that one the edge

hopefully Chris Rock and Bousman can drop something that's at least better than 5, 7 and 8 and it'll be worth everybody's time, otherwise they can :camby: that shyt

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Give me some shyt to watch on Netflix. I like different scary shyt not that mundane run of the mil bullshyt like mean killing machines and shyt.

I've seen

Conjuring 1 & 2

Geralds Game (couldnt finish it, left after she broke the glass. fukk that)

Autopsy of Jane Doe (might be the best movie I've seen)

Give me some stuff yall. Still watching AHS though.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Give me some shyt to watch on Netflix. I like different scary shyt not that mundane run of the mil bullshyt like mean killing machines and shyt.

I've seen

Conjuring 1 & 2

if you looking for a fukkery horror type joint check out Emelie

it's about this chick who kidnaps the babysitter and acts like the babysitter to try to abduct the kids

ending was a little tame but it was a good watch, babysitter was forcing all type of fukkery on the kids :heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I've seen

Conjuring 1 & 2

Haunting of Hill House.

Other than that, have no clue what's on Netflix cause their horror section is kinda doo doo

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
if you looking for a fukkery horror type joint check out Emelie

it's about this chick who kidnaps the babysitter and acts like the babysitter to try to abduct the kids

ending was a little tame but it was a good watch, babysitter was forcing all type of fukkery on the kids :heh:

Me and my little brother literally just finished it. Definitely a solid movie. Bro when she
made them watch their fathers sex tape
bro shyt had me distraught. That chick is kinda cute too.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Me and my little brother literally just finished it. Definitely a solid movie. Bro when she
made them watch their fathers sex tape
bro shyt had me distraught. That chick is kinda cute too.

breh that shyt had me laughing cause the son finally had to snap on her :pachaha: dude was like bytch THIS IS PRIVATE :damn:

shawty was cute :ehh: i was kinda mad they didn't explain whether the accomplice was the dude fukkin her or what his relationship to her was

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
breh that shyt had me laughing cause the son finally had to snap on her :pachaha: dude was like bytch THIS IS PRIVATE :damn:

shawty was cute :ehh: i was kinda mad they didn't explain whether the accomplice was the dude fukkin her or what his relationship to her was

We need a sequel. I mean the bytch
ain't dead
so why not?!?! And like you said theres some unanswered questions. Especially in regards to the mysterious figure you're referring to. Again thanks for pointing me that way. shyt had me scared for the children the entire time.