Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
ANTLERS
MV5BMWZkYTlmOTgtMmU2NS00NzQzLWE4MGEtZGY1MTUwZjA2ODBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX667_AL_.jpg

A small-town Oregon teacher and her brother, the local sheriff, become entwined with a young student harboring a dangerous secret with frightening consequences. Directed by Scott Cooper, and produced by Guillermo del Toro.

Looks a little Silent Hill-ish. I'm always up for something that looks Silent Hill-ish.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is the season with the two UK ships on the expedition and they get stuck in the ice? This was good, very moody and atmospheric. What did it for me was the sense of doom and foreboding. Because from the beginning of the first episode, they let you know what the deal was. I won't say anymore to not spoil it for you but there's a lot to unwrap as the episodes progress. I was legit shocked at a few plot turns in the series. They could not catch a break from the monster, the weather/natural forces, the food and nutrition scarcity, the drunk captain, the mental unraveling. They could have left the monster element out and it would have still been a good watch; but it added to the impact.

Yeah, the atmosphere and the tension/stress building is enough to keep me along for the ride. The actors are killing their roles too, especially Chernobyl dude. I'm kinda antsy for the psychological impacts to start hitting just because it's obvious we're gonna get there. Definitely looking forward to going deeper in.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yeah, the atmosphere and the tension/stress building is enough to keep me along for the ride. The actors are killing their roles too, especially Chernobyl dude. I'm kinda antsy for the psychological impacts to start hitting just because it's obvious we're gonna get there. Definitely looking forward to going deeper in.
Which episode are you on? The first 2 were slow - but they were slow for a REASON. The character development is essential to the story. and you're right about the actors - I watch enough UK -based shows to have seen their other work, so them all coming together for this series was lit
:whew:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Which episode are you on? The first 2 were slow - but they were slow for a REASON. The character development is essential to the story. and you're right about the actors - I watch enough UK -based shows to have seen their other work, so them all coming together for this series was lit
:whew:

End of the second, haven't seen the creature but a character saw it. Leaders don't like each other. Weird circumstances surrounding a death or two from fodder characters. It's all been baked into the plot really well and now I'm waiting for things to boil over.

Didn’t season 2 of the terror just start?

The previews for season were what put me onto it. I was happy to find season one on Hulu.