Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Haven't had much new to drop lately so I gave something different a shot. This movie Wretch

Wretch (2018) - IMDb

It was...odd. The beginning was awful, the characters aren't likeable and it spends the first half just feeling toxic AF in a bad way. But then I really thought I knew where the movie was headed and it completely veered left in a way that kept me watching. By the ending, it felt like a really great original concept that got soured by low budget and a rushed plot. It's one of those horrors where I'd like to see someone rework the idea into something more palatable and with a big enough budget to turn the exposition into visuals plus flesh out the characters better. Bad movie, really promising horror concept though.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
if anyone is interested in found footage, this was a decent one imo: Devil's Pass and if you do watch - if you find the ending confusing (spoiler explanation below)
-A group of 5 students go the location of the infamous "dyatlov pass incident", to make a documentary but things take a turn for the worse to reveal the secrets as to what happened there.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Seoul Station was pretty good :leon: nice companion piece to Train to Busan

Sang-ho took the "father and daughter escaping from zombies" dynamic and completely flipped it into a more fukkery filled plot with an adult daughter and dad

here's a YT link with subs if anyone else wants to peep it :salute:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
this just came across my feed :mjlol:

64551973_10219604963777129_2782858307788865536_n.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The damn Scream tv show:francis:

I wanted to love this season because it's a majority black cast, Queen Latifah helped produce it, and it has people I like. But they were so underserved in this. Terrible dialogue, convoluted plotting that never added up, and the reveal of the killer was just weird. Their motivation was even a tad insulting :russ: but it just didn't work. Sad, because this cast, with someone writing who wasn't doing C-level Kevin Williamson dialogue, would be dope

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked We Are Still Here... Seen it a while ago from what I remember the movie was solid but you could tell the director didn't have a big enough budget to do everything he wanted with the flick.

Last horror flick I watched was the late 70's Japanese flick Hausu aka House... movie is one of the wierdest fukking movies I've ever seen and it made little to no sense to me but the imagery carries the flick.. it has editing and camera/filming techniques that are waaay ahead of their time.

I’m just randomly catching wind of this after watching a YouTube clip of bill hader in criterion’s dvd stock room picking out his favorite indie films.

He finds House and then solidifies his stanship by revealing his T-shirt which is the cover of this movie.

Looked up the trailer having absolutely no idea what genre of film even falls under.

Upon watching the trailer I downloaded immediately and plan to watch tomorrow night. This looks like weird twisted brilliance :ohhh:

For the rest of the uninitiated

:russ::picard::feedme:

morris

Superstar
Daps
I’m just randomly catching wind of this after watching a YouTube clip of bill hader in criterion’s dvd stock room picking out his favorite indie films.

He finds House and then solidifies his stanship by revealing his T-shirt which is the cover of this movie.

Looked up the trailer having absolutely no idea what genre of film even falls under.

Upon watching the trailer I downloaded immediately and plan to watch tomorrow night. This looks like weird twisted brilliance :ohhh:

For the rest of the uninitiated

:russ::picard::feedme:

let us know the final verdict