Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
large_hereditary_ver2.jpg

With Midsommar dropping this week, mother fukkers wouldn't shut up about this movie so I had to peep.

I watched it with my mother. The funny thing about that is she put me onto horror films when I was like 3 years old. All them years I spent as a child sleeping with a nightlight and dealing with nightmares because she forced me to watch shyt like Halloween and Child's Play. Now fast forward to today.

My Mom: :damn: Why are we watching this devil ass movie?!?!?!

Me: :dead::deadrose:

The irony of her not being able to handle a horror film had me dead. I mean she's always preferred the slasher sub-genre but I don't know if it's because she's older and she has a softer side than what she used to have, but boy she was on edge lmao.

As for me, I loved the film. In a earlier post of mine I stated I feel like 60-70 of horror films are trash. I still stand by that statement. But when a horror film/story is good it's
:ohlawd:

Like :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd: It had everything that I feel most horror films lack nowadays. Most horror films relies to much on scenes with jump scare tactics and go straight to instant gratification moments. Ari Aster gave the movie a slow burn that payed off in the end. :whoo:

Not everything has to have a slow burn but I feel like movies in general today lack that. It feels like movies are directed for a theater experience rather than a story experience.

I'm not saying the movie is perfect but I thought some of the reviews I read was unfair. One person had the opinion of "why can't horror films have a joyful moment anymore?"

I'm like :hhh:

the daughter got her head cut off in the first thirty minutes of the film. nikkas wanted a feel good moment? It makes sense that the family was falling apart and that there was so much tension between the mother and son. Like of course the son basically gonna be fukked up with anxiety the rest of his life. Mother fukkers wanted a feel good come together moment?

Then people were trying to complain about how the first half brought realism and the second half went off the rails.

I'm like :russ:

We see the dead grandmother like 2 or 3 times within the first 30 mintues as well. What's so real about that that makes the second half of the movie seem so left field? This goes back to my complaining about jump scare tactics because throughout the years people have been programmed to experience horror films in only one way, especially if the people aren't horror junkies but only go to the box office ones. Like she was out there in broad daylight in the backyard sitting around a fire when she died before the movie even started.

:patrice: excluding this movie, I do feel like them movies where some paranormal being is trying to take over a body is getting outplayed.

Either way, I enjoyed this film. Ari Aster has a weird mind that is truly needed, especially in the horror world. Dude is only 31 so imagine what else he's going to eventually cook up in the next decade or two.

I don't have any money to go see Midsommar but I look forward to watching it one day.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I gotta catch up on like 10 pages itt

I saw Midsommer last night, let me just get this out of the way...

I told myself I wouldn’t see it. I said hey, sit this one out. Ari Aster is like Sid from Toy Story. Just chopping heads off things to see what it looks like. Don’t do yourself like that.

But there I was last night. Late showing of Midsommer. fukk it, hadn’t seen a horror in theaters all year. It can’t just be exactly what it looks like & what I expect. No way

.....I was in there for what felt like an eternity with the world’s most celebrated horror director making a super polished and BOOOOOOORING version of the classic Eli Roth formula (group of young people, not loyal or stand-up people at all, wistfully wander in to a death trap by a guy who is initially their friend, then celebrated as the “fresh meat” courier).

To satiate the monotony of the first act, we’ll give you a morbid set piece as a way to quickly drop in some grief for an otherwise completely flat and uninteresting lead character. Give her the world’s shyttiest Cac boyfriend to add another character that you just can’t wait for them to kill off, and the rest of the cast will just kinda mill around until their ticket is up too.

Yeah I wish I saw the fukkin Annabelle movie instead maybe it’s a horror movie that can actually be scary.

Ari Aster’s next movie is just gonna be a bunch of car accidents and people jumping off buildings. Cut out the bullshyt and just mangle random people cause it looks dope

Christ

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was kinda disappointed. 2 out of the 3 Annabelles were meh. Annabelle Creation was dope and the only good one in the trilogy. The Nun was a dud. The Conjuring CU looking shaky. We’ll see how Conjuring 3.

I like this one and the come home. And I hate to be that guy but I will lol...financially, they're doing well, which is all WB/New line cares about. Horror has big profit margins because they're so cheap to make. As long as they keep getting their dedicated audiences to come out, they're good. Keep doing them and I'll be there

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I was kinda disappointed. 2 out of the 3 Annabelles were meh. Annabelle Creation was dope and the only good one in the trilogy. The Nun was a dud. The Conjuring CU looking shaky. We’ll see how Conjuring 3.

Conj 3 supposedly gonna be about the Warrens tryna defend a dude who was possessed on trial so it should be dope :ehh:

reminds me of the Exorcism of Emily Rose movie which was pretty good

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw Midsommar...the entire theater audience was like this at the end:

source.gif

I will say that if he doesn't have a powerhouse acting performance like what Toni Collette gave in Hereditary then the bloom kinda falls off the rose for Ari Aster as a filmmaker.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
What im failing to understand is i been watching mad reviews for Midsommar and everyone seems to like it ...

Except the Coli.
:gucci:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Bro who ever is directing the new " IT" movies messing up. What made pennywise creepy for me as a kid or for probably anyone was he was inviting, then at the drop of the hat turn demonic

This new "IT" looks demonic off the rip, and if Georgy wants to go down in the sewer with that, it is hard to feel sorry for his choice.