Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
for whatever reason, i feel like this is going to be real good!

I hope so. It’s interesting so far. I still have the same question I had when jigsaw came out tho: are people in the mood for this type of horror again? The saw movies came out during a very specific time in horror and the country. Do we still want that?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I hope so. It’s interesting so far. I still have the same question I had when jigsaw came out tho: are people in the mood for this type of horror again? The saw movies came out during a very specific time in horror and the country. Do we still want that?
If people are still getting jacked up in Jigsaw traps then Im all for it!
:manny:

I feel like they should bring in Kevin McCallister. He has some pretty good ideas. Think he would work well with Jigsaw.
:jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If people are still getting jacked up in Jigsaw traps then Im all for it!
:manny:

I feel like they should bring in Kevin McCallister. He has some pretty good ideas. Think he would work well with Jigsaw.
:jbhmm:

Kevin is sadistic.

I know you’re for it. Your love of traps is well documented lol. Just don’t know if the moviegoing public is in the bag for it. Maybe Chris rock and Sam and whatever “twist” they came up with will hook people

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Bro who ever is directing the new " IT" movies messing up. What made pennywise creepy for me as a kid or for probably anyone was he was inviting, then at the drop of the hat turn demonic

This new "IT" looks demonic off the rip, and if Georgy wants to go down in the sewer with that, it is hard to feel sorry for his choice.
:picard:That’s not how I took it as Georgie willfully going down there. The most recent IT is what you’re referring to? I agree with what you said about the clown being inviting and turning demonic but I see it more as IT having some sort of mind control and manipulation. The little kid was like 6 yrs old- he’s going after his toy. His mind wasn’t built to process that sequence of events. If he’s 16, that’s different, I’m looking at him sideways - like you’re really having a convo with a clown in a sewer :wtb:? Nahhh, not at 6- totally different sense of awareness and perception.

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
:mjlol: Word. Never watch any horror movie with English dubs - it doesn’t translate well, at all - the reading of the lines almost makes the movie comedic
:francis::deadmanny:

watching movies in a language you don't understand is a thing? :dwillhuh:

i know it ain't word for word accurate but i need to at least get a gist of what's being discussed

EDIT - my bad i thought you said subs not dubs :mjlol:

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
watching movies in a language you don't understand is a thing? :dwillhuh:

i know it ain't word for word accurate but i need to at least get a gist of what's being discussed

EDIT - my bad i thought you said subs not dubs :mjlol:
What I mean is I rather read the subtitles in translation than to watch a voiceover with a badly dubbed chopped up edit or English version with voices/voiceover actor that doesn’t match up or sound the same . End up with some b.s. like this -

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
What I mean is I rather read the subtitles in translation than to watch a voiceover with a badly dubbed chopped up edit or English version with voices/voiceover actor that doesn’t match up or sound the same . End up with some b.s. like this -

i've had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane :laff:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:picard:That’s not how I took it as Georgie willfully going down there. The most recent IT is what you’re referring to? I agree with what you said about the clown being inviting and turning demonic but I see it more as IT having some sort of mind control and manipulation. The little kid was like 6 yrs old- he’s going after his toy. His mind wasn’t built to process that sequence of events. If he’s 16, that’s different, I’m looking at him sideways - like you’re really having a convo with a clown in a sewer :wtb:? Nahhh, not at 6- totally different sense of awareness and perception.

Yea lol I'm not saying Georgy was willingly going down there but the og IT like you said the way he looked, he was just a " average looking clown, he could manipulate a young mind

With this new it, even as a young kid there would be no part of me, that would look at this clown and be like " hmmm I definitely should trust this guy , and go down here with him"

Even to me the viewer, seeing him like that I'm already expecting bad things, and it takes away from the movie in my opinion