Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Friday the 13th and Texas chainsaw remakes

Like all things, depends on where you look. But also, like the thing, the reputation of those flicks has grown in a lot of circles since they dropped. Time is the best arbiter of quality. Especially with horror. The invasion of the body snatchers remake was kinda dismissed in the 70s. Now it’s heralded as a classic.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Like all things, depends on where you look. But also, like the thing, the reputation of those flicks has grown in a lot of circles since they dropped. Time is the best arbiter of quality. Especially with horror. The invasion of the body snatchers remake was kinda dismissed in the 70s. Now it’s heralded as a classic.

:patrice: I get what you tryna say but I don't know.

I'm a horror head but I think like 60 percent of horror movies are trash. I'm a hard critic because I want the best. When a horror movie be on point it be:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:patrice: I get what you tryna say but I don't know.

I'm a horror head but I think like 60 percent of horror movies are trash. I'm a hard critic because I want the best. When a horror movie be on point it be:wow:

Well I’m just saying there’s evidence of horror remakes specifically being very dope. Some of them surpassing or being on the same level of the originals. To dismiss them all out of hand feels wrong

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Well I’m just saying there’s evidence of horror remakes specifically being very dope. Some of them surpassing or being on the same level of the originals. To dismiss them all out of hand feels wrong

I guess I'm just tired of remakes in Hollywood in general.

I'm reading a book about how to write and tell a story. The author says whatever is produced in Hollywood is the best writing there is to offer so if it's nothing original or not creative then that reflects the writers of today's society.

So I'm just like :patrice: all I see is remakes and super hero movies. I guess I'm being biased in picky because like I said I love IT remake with a passion.

I guess I'll give James wan a try

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
excision_cover1.jpg

peeped this movie yesterday and man this shyt was :ohhh::mindblown::patrice::damn:

AnnaLynne McCord is hot as hell in real life but in this they had her looking like an awkward ugly nerd :mjlol: she nailed the character though, great performance from her

i liked how the movie was pretty much a long slow burn and seemed like a normal "coming of age" teen flick until shyt went south fast at the end, you could tell her sister was genuinely the only one she cared about in the fam but she had the wrong intentions like a muhfukka

one gripe i had with this flick is the comedic parts took away from it and underplayed how insane Pauline was, shyt felt like a situational comedy for the first hour or so then you realize her insanity is about to cause her to be a danger to herself and others

interesting flick overall, i'll give this joint a B

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Just watched emelie on Netflix...the open ending trope to horror/thrillers is kinda played to me at this point. Especially with mortal humans, that bytch woulda been dead or immobilized so many times. :beli:

Anyway, being full on into baby fever and being around so many friends with kids, this movies had me heated as fukk. I wish a bytch would :wow:

they went with that safe ass ending then didn’t even drop a sequel :mjlol:

movie had potential too with good pacing and tension building but that ending was underwhelming as hell

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I'm just tired of remakes in Hollywood in general.

I'm reading a book about how to write and tell a story. The author says whatever is produced in Hollywood is the best writing there is to offer so if it's nothing original or not creative then that reflects the writers of today's society.

So I'm just like :patrice: all I see is remakes and super hero movies. I guess I'm being biased in picky because like I said I love IT remake with a passion.

I guess I'll give James wan a try

I'd argue that there's been significant evidence that that hasn't really been true for a long while now.

Hollywood is more business focused than it's been since maybe ever. It feels like more movies are trying to be "timely", or relevant in order to maximize potential box office returns.

You could even look at the increase of directors, writers, and producers telling stories about their ideas that were rejected, massively retooled, or ignored as proof that creative decisions aren't necessarily being made from a creative point of view right now.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I'd argue that there's been significant evidence that that hasn't really been true for a long while now.

Hollywood is more business focused than it's been since maybe ever. It feels like more movies are trying to be "timely", or relevant in order to maximize potential box office returns.

You could even look at the increase of directors, writers, and producers telling stories about their ideas that were rejected, massively retooled, or ignored as proof that creative decisions aren't necessarily being made from a creative point of view right now.
Good point. The book I'm reading is sort of older tho so I guess the context doesn't fit heading into 2020 with movies.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody ever peep out “the den”? Saw rotten apples give it a 83% and it looked good from the trailer. I’m into like home made type videos and those type of scary movies but couldn’t find it on my firestick last night and it was late as fukk too. Perfect time for a late night. I might just rent it tonight and watch it after the ufc fight tonight.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
excision_cover1.jpg

peeped this movie yesterday and man this shyt was :ohhh::mindblown::patrice::damn:

AnnaLynne McCord is hot as hell in real life but in this they had her looking like an awkward ugly nerd :mjlol: she nailed the character though, great performance from her

i liked how the movie was pretty much a long slow burn and seemed like a normal "coming of age" teen flick until shyt went south fast at the end, you could tell her sister was genuinely the only one she cared about in the fam but she had the wrong intentions like a muhfukka

one gripe i had with this flick is the comedic parts took away from it and underplayed how insane Pauline was, shyt felt like a situational comedy for the first hour or so then you realize her insanity is about to cause her to be a danger to herself and others

interesting flick overall, i'll give this joint a B
Where’d you watch it

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Anybody ever peep out “the den”? Saw rotten apples give it a 83% and it looked good from the trailer. I’m into like home made type videos and those type of scary movies but couldn’t find it on my firestick last night and it was late as fukk too. Perfect time for a late night. I might just rent it tonight and watch it after the ufc fight tonight.
Mediocre. It’s not the worst and not the top as far as those type of movies go. It’s watchable enough (without giving any spoilers) .if you like movies like that “Hush” and “intruders” is better , it’s not found footage quality type vibe but I was engaged enough. Similar premise.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Pretty much. Collider has a list up but it’s the stuff I expected to see there i.e., dawn of the dead, Friday the 13th, the thing, the crazies, fright night etc
I was looking at the list that I had too. It’s pretty much redundant of what we previously listed, from the main titles that were stated. Rest were second tier type movies like The Fog, My Bloody Valentine, etc