Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:ohhh: This some goat news.

I loved that movie.

:ohhh:

"American remake" :hhh:

I went from :wow: to :ehh: to :gucci: in the span of 3 posts.
Y’all act like they’re out here doing remakes like Pulse or One Missed Call.
:deadmanny:

This was a different caliber of movie and name association

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is what I’m saying lol. This is James wan. This isn’t some fly by night producer trying to make a name for himself. Mostly everything the man has touched turns to gold.

Not saying the shyt will automatically be dope but he’s proven he knows what he’s doing
Right and I’m not saying that Train to Busan(USA) is automatically going to be comparable or better than the Asian version, but the fact that Wan is behind this, I’m not cringing or having low expectations. I want to see what does with it based off his credentials. He changed a whole sub genre of horror - have to give him credit where due.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I guess I'm just used to shyt when Americans produce shyt like live action anime films or remakes of classics.

Like the only remake I have ever liked was IT.

You just always gotta expect bad no matter the director

You don’t like the thing? You don’t like the fly?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You don’t like the thing? You don’t like the fly?
@Straw Hat Luffy Yeah, think you’re kind of reaching with the only good remake was IT. There’s a whole lot of remakes of originals that you may not realize were remakes going back historically from as early as the 1950s -70s House of Wax, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, Nosferatu
Which was the basis for modern vampire movies , Texas Chainsaw, The Crazies.. and I actually didn’t hate the 2000s Friday the 13th movie . But The Thing tops the list

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The "I hate remakes!" argument falls thee fukk apart once you learn that some of that person's favorite films are actually remakes :mjharshreality:
WORD!!!!
Like 75% of horror movies are remakes or historically associated with a prior movie whether it’s American, Asian, Australian etc. it just so happens that all the bad Asian to American remakes were released at the same time bc of the success of Ju-on, Ringu, Shutter, and some idiots at Hollywood once again, thought it was a good idea to flood the market with the quantity over quality content ; like they did with the “found footage” subgenre .
——
Which is also ironic with the latest few themes of this thread bc James Wan’s movies were originals. That’s why I don’t mind seeing him try at a remake.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Straw Hat Luffy Yeah, think you’re kind of reaching with the only good remake was IT. There’s a whole lot of remakes of originals that you may not realize were remakes going back historically from as early as the 1950s -70s House of Wax, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, Nosferatu
Which was the basis for modern vampire movies , Texas Chainsaw, The Crazies.. and I actually didn’t hate the 2000s Friday the 13th movie . But The Thing tops the list

09 Friday the 13th is tough. Love that movie. And the 03 Texas flick isn’t bad either. It’s not on the level of the original but it’s a good flick.

And yeah everything else you mentioned. Al lot of the horror flicks from the 30s-50s have been remade. And some for the better. Props for mentioning the crazies:wow: love that movie and I’d take that over Romero’s original

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was just about to lol. But ladies first. The wiki list is too extensive.
Lol... oh ok- thx . you can. Could see what we both come up with. I’m just dipping in and out of here then I get sidetracked like I have adult A.D.D. reading through the horror commentary that I look up. List is a rabbit hole.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lol... oh ok- thx . you can. Could see what we both come up with. I’m just dipping in and out of here then I get sidetracked like I have adult A.D.D. reading through the horror commentary that I look up. List is a rabbit hole.

Pretty much. Collider has a list up but it’s the stuff I expected to see there i.e., dawn of the dead, Friday the 13th, the thing, the crazies, fright night etc