Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
just got back from peeping Annabelle 3, i'd rate the entire series like this

The Conjuring --- B+
Annabelle --- C-
The Conjuring 2 --- B
Annabelle 2 --- B-
The Nun --- D+
La Llorona --- C+
Annabelle 3 --- C

Conj 1 and 2 still the best flicks in their universe, The Nun was scarier and more threatening in Conj 2 then in her own damn movie :heh:

hopefully Conj 3 is good cause this series seems like it's starting to run its course :francis:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
just for comparison purposes here's my grades for the Paranormal Activity series

PA --- C
PA 2 --- C+
PA 3 --- C-
PA 4 --- D-
Marked Ones --- B
Ghost Dimension --- F

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
just got back from peeping Annabelle 3, i'd rate the entire series like this

The Conjuring --- B+
Annabelle --- C-
The Conjuring 2 --- B
Annabelle 2 --- B-
The Nun --- D+
La Llorona --- C+
Annabelle 3 --- C

Conj 1 and 2 still the best flicks in their universe, The Nun was scarier and more threatening in Conj 2 then in her own damn movie :heh:

hopefully Conj 3 is good cause this series seems like it's starting to run its course :francis:
I'm not feeling those low ratings right now, with the exception of The Nun
(granted I haven't seen Annabelle 3 yet, but there's no way that's a C.) Run it's course???
I'm waiting for the spin-offs
G4il.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
just for comparison purposes here's my grades for the Paranormal Activity series

PA --- C
PA 2 --- C+
PA 3 --- C-
PA 4 --- D-
Marked Ones --- B
Ghost Dimension --- F
sheesh... way harsh
:francis: what are the reasons behind your ratings?? what impacted the score?

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I'm not feeling those low ratings right now, with the exception of The Nun
(granted I haven't seen Annabelle 3 yet, but there's no way that's a C.) Run it's course???
I'm waiting for the spin-offs
G4il.gif

Good Lord you don't like these movies at all, do you:russ:

the grades ain't that low, it works like a school grading system so a C is average/decent, B is good/above average, A is excellent and anything below a C is wack

i broke down in the Annabelle thread why i gave it a C but it basically was too tame especially compared to the 2nd one, it's rated R but feels more like a PG-13 flick and they went the safe route with it so i was letdown

and yeah the PA series was overrated to me, all those were bad to average outside of Marked Ones which was good cause it felt like they put more effort and creativity in the writing and direction plus the ending was great

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the grades ain't that low, it works like a school grading system so a C is average/decent, B is good/above average, A is excellent and anything below a C was wack

i broke down in the Annabelle thread why i give it a C but it basically was too tame especially compared to the 2nd one, it's rated R but feels more like a PG-13 flick and they went the safe route with it so i was letdown

and yeah the PA series was overrated to me, all those were bad to average outside of Marked Ones which was good cause it felt like they put more effort and creativity in the writing and direction plus the ending was great
Funny because I would rank Marked Ones on the lower end of the scale but I need to refresh my memory on the PAs. It’s been a minute and they don’t have a high rewatch value.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the grades ain't that low, it works like a school grading system so a C is average/decent, B is good/above average, A is excellent and anything below a C was wack

i broke down in the Annabelle thread why i give it a C but it basically was too tame especially compared to the 2nd one, it's rated R but feels more like a PG-13 flick and they went the safe route with it so i was letdown

Man I wildly disagree lol. Love conjuring 1. Love it. Think it’s a horror classic. Conjuring 2 is good. Not quite as good but good. The first Annabelle is awful. Second is good. Haven’t seen the third yet.

And as far as paranormal goes, the first one is a classic. Second one is fine but kinda flat. The third is very food and then after that they’re all mixed shades of wack

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Funny because I would rank Marked Ones on the lower end of the scale but I need to refresh my memory on the PAs. It’s been a minute and they don’t have a high rewatch value.

agreed on the bolded, they all were definitely popcorn flicks you gotta watch in a crowded theater for the best experience

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Man I wildly disagree lol. Love conjuring 1. Love it. Think it’s a horror classic. Conjuring 2 is good. Not quite as good but good. The first Annabelle is awful. Second is good. Haven’t seen the third yet.

And as far as paranormal goes, the first one is a classic. Second one is fine but kinda flat. The third is very food and then after that they’re all mixed shades of wack

we agree on The Conjuring series look at my grades again i got em ranked the same way as you :pachaha:

Conj 1 > Conj 2 > Anna 2 > Anna 3 > Anna 1

as far as PA we gon have to agree to disagree fam :manny: i will say i’m not a big fan of the found footage sub-genre so i’m kinda biased

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
we agree on The Conjuring series look at my grades again i got em ranked the same way as you :pachaha:

Conj 1 > Conj 2 > Anna 2 > Anna 3 > Anna 1

as far as PA we gon have to agree to disagree fam :manny: i will say i’m not a big fan of the found footage sub-genre so i’m kinda biased

Nah I wouldn’t put conjuring 1 or 2 anywhere near those grades you gave them tho lol. Not even close. Conjuring 1 is an A plus. shyt possibly an A plus plus. Conjuring 2 would be an A/A- good but not as good as the original.

And even if I didn’t like paranormal, I’d give it classic status for impact alone. It’s how I feel about get rich or die tryin. I’m not a fan of the album but I can’t deny what it meant to the game and its impact. Paranormal, like saw, or nightmare or Halloween, changed the game.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Nah I wouldn’t put conjuring 1 or 2 anywhere near those grades you gave them tho lol. Not even close. Conjuring 1 is an A plus. shyt possibly an A plus plus. Conjuring 2 would be an A/A- good but not as good as the original.

And even if I didn’t like paranormal, I’d give it classic status for impact alone. It’s how I feel about get rich or die tryin. I’m not a fan of the album but I can’t deny what it meant to the game and its impact. Paranormal, like saw, or nightmare or Halloween, changed the game.

you’re more generous with grades, nothing wrong with that :ehh:

Exorcist my favorite horror film of all time and i’d give that an A+, all these modern joints gotta pass the test of time before they get anything higher than an A from me

and one more hot take before i go, The Ring changed the game more than Paranormal Activity :mjgrin:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
you’re more generous with grades, nothing wrong with that :ehh:

Exorcist my favorite horror film of all time and i’d give that an A+, all these modern joints gotta pass the test of time before they get anything higher than an A from me

and one more hot take before i go, The Ring changed the game more than Paranormal Activity :mjgrin:
Totally agree with you on The Exorcist but I'm :bobbybrown: on The Ring.