Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Maybe I'm desensitized but when people tell me a movie is gruesome/gory then I am expecting some serious carnage on screen.
Child's Play had none of that.
When people say gruesome, I'm expecting Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Final Destination type gore. Truly gory would be something like the Terrifier or Cannibal Holocaust (which I refuse to finish watching bc I think Satan wrote that shyt specifically). :huhldup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When people say gruesome, I'm expecting Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Final Destination type gore. Truly gory would be something like the Terrifier or Cannibal Holocaust (which I refuse to finish watching bc I think Satan wrote that shyt specifically). :huhldup:

When’s the last time you watched Texas?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
oh this was crazzzzyyyyy but intense...that revenge spree that her "sister" was on.. sheeesh. I was done after she did that to her friend when she was teaching her how to ice skate. But I started feeling sympathy for her toward the end. Her parents.... uggghhhh, especially her father. Always critiquing her looks - how do you tell your young teenage daughter that she needs plastic surgery and point out all her flaws on her birthday, no less. "happy birthday, sweetie- now let me operate on your in order to make you perfect, as a bday gift" :gucci: Her mother was a head case - she didn't stand a chance. all that emotional abuse and her neglectful mom
it all made sense at the end- her twin sister assumed her alternate personality, escapism from the realities of her family
Maybe the easiest role Mira Sorvino ever had to play.
:russ:

She probably looked at that script like,

"ok."
:ehh:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why aren't there any reviews yet for anabelle comes home? its supposed to be out tomorrow
Out today. June 26
'Annabelle Comes Home' Scares Up $3.5 Million at Tuesday Box Office
Gary Dauberman directed “Annabelle Comes Home” about a teenager who unknowingly awakens an evil spirit trapped within a toy doll while the teenager is babysitting the daughter of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Dauberman also wrote the screenplay based on a story by James Wan. Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson and McKenna Grace star in the horror film, which currently has a 64% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Annabelle Comes Home Review - IGN
Annabelle Comes Home takes the classic horror trope of Teenage Babysitters in Predicaments, and ups the ante by placing them in Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine Warrens’ (Vera Farmiga) house full of haunted objects. These familiar elements culminate in a fun, refreshing, even heart-warming entry into the Conjuring franchise. Well-done scares are paired with tension-breaking levity, and we even see a few new monsters (and/or sequel fodder). Annabelle Comes Home should serve as a not-so-serious summer horror flick for anyone looking to laugh a little and jump a lot.

This film picks up shortly after the conclusion of The Conjuring, but the bulk of the story is largely set before The Conjuring 2. Lorraine, the clairvoyant of this ghost-hunting duo, realizes that not only is Annabelle a conduit, she's also a beacon for other spirits. The doll is basically Captain America, yelling whatever the spirit equivalent of “Avengers Assemble!” is into the spirit world.

Now, not all spirits are evil, but some of them are very, very bad. For this reason, Annabelle is the most dangerous thing in the Warrens' collection. Because attempting to destroy the doll will only make everything worse, the Warrens seal her in a consecrated glass box with a sign instructing anyone who somehow gets into their room of cursed objects to never, ever let her out. Obviously, that warning isn’t heeded.

The spooky stuff comes on slow—perhaps too slow, even. Once it all ramps up, however, there are some genuinely creative and beautifully shot scares. The myriad entities allow for each character to have their moment while simultaneously setting up possible sequels, a la The Nun, The Curse of La Llorona, and the forthcoming The Crooked Man.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
what was the reason for that kid yelling "pancakes, pancakes!! " throughout the entire movie. What was that???:mindblown:
Hilarious redneck shyt. Roth taps in to the unexplained & unprompted weirdness of 70s horror/grindhouse best in this movie. It feels the most natural

Hey you’re the paaaarty man. Don’t worry about a thing, party man :russ:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When’s the last time you watched Texas?
hmmm.. which one? Last TM that I watched most recently was with one with Jordana Brewster, I think. probably fall of last year. I think (The one where he wears the army dude's face as a mask and takes a chainsaw to his brother's leg while he's hung up like a side of beef). Not unless, I'm getting them confused and the that was the movie with Jessica Biel. Texas is my favorite slasher franchise. Wrong Turn and The Hills Have Eyes is what I consider graphic, not necessarily gory.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maybe the easiest role Mira Sorvino ever had to play.
:russ:

She probably looked at that script like,

"ok."
:ehh:
:deadmanny: she's such a monotone actress, at times lol. There was a series called "The Intruders" on BBC America. from the producers of "X Files" but only lasted one season, it was a good thriller. She was good in that. I was mad af to not see a season 2. They stay cancelling horror series on tv that I like, after 1 or 2 seasons.
:mjcry:
This was like a scaled down version of Body Snatchers. The kid from Strangers Things was in too.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
hmmm.. which one? Last TM that I watched most recently was with one with Jordana Brewster, I think. probably fall of last year. I think (The one where he wears the army dude's face as a mask and takes a chainsaw to his brother's leg while he's hung up like a side of beef). Not unless, I'm getting them confused and the that was the movie with Jessica Biel. Texas is my favorite slasher franchise. Wrong Turn and The Hills Have Eyes is what I consider graphic, not necessarily gory.

The original one. Only mentioned it cause the original isn’t really gory or gruesome. But what’s dope about it is, we think it’s gory and gruesome as fukk. The remake with Jessica biel is tho. And I love that remake