Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I've been following through this October so far and watching a lot of horror. Trying to mix in shyt I hadn't seen yet with some classics. Since it's raining out and it's a holiday, I'll probably knock out a couple. Already watching this classic, Linda Hamilton was pretty decent looking in 1984 tbh. But anyway, I love the creepy vibes, this is something that I think has potential for a quality remake but it's not necessary. 'Children of the Corn'

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

14. Junk (2000) (Youtube)

One of my friends put me onto this one years ago when he was stationed in Japan some years back.
walking into it, you really think its going to be one type of flick, then it just flips into a roller coaster ride of insanity.
Its literally an Action/Horror/Comedy with Anime levels of Violence, blood and gore, little plot , and no loyalty to any of the main characters.
I keep telling people its the best Resident Evil movie, thats not actually a Resident Movie.
its heavily influenced by Movies like Re-animator (the gonzo, over the top horror)
and the italian, 70's & 80's zombie flicks ( heavily mutilated, shuffling kind)
For a low budget flick, the camera work and FX are nice.

I re watch every few years, i am amazed at how well this one holds up.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Over the weekend I watched some more movies. Some good some bullshyt.

Today I'll watch some Japanese or Found Footage stuff. My knowledge on both is at like a 1 or 2 out of 10.

Curse of Chucky
The movie is much more like a Giallo thank a Slasher. The blood is brighter, there's more of a mystery, and we dont see Chucky movie until 50 minutes into the movie.

Good reset for the franchise then they went off the rails somewhere during the tv show.

Mr. Crocket (2024) Hulu
mr-crocket-2024-official-poster.jpg

William Dent from Girlfriends is coming through the tv like Samara.

This movie was actually descent. Great practical effects and the guy playing Mr. Crocket did a great job. The story isn't anything special. If it had the 90s tint I'd call it an underrated classic.

Close in tone to NoES 5.

Excision (2012)
Excision_poster.jpg

Idk why this gets listed as a horror movie. There is a bunch of surgical gore but that's it.

It's a weird girl doing weird girl things. It's similar in tone to May if you saw that. Not at all like American Mary.

I still enjoyed it. I doubt this movie will really be for anyone else in here tbh. AnnaLynne McCord is much better in this movie than anything I ever seen her in. I had no idea the mom was Traci Lords until I looked at the cast. There's also cameos from John Waters, Malcom McDowell, and Ray Wise :skip:

Starry Eyes (2014)
MV5BNTY1ODUyODIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDcyMjE0MzE@._V1_.jpg

If you think the Illuminati runs Hollywood this is the movie for you. Alex Essoe was good. You can see why someone would do what they do in her position. Her friends suck.

Eden Lake(2008)
Eden_Lake_poster.jpg

D02vZgsXgAEsoxG.jpg

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
This shyt belongs in the museum at one of those exhibits where you press a button to play an audio snippet.

Homie shouting “ONE MORE TIME!!!” :damn:

:mjlol:

The audience reaction to an american wrewolf in london was one of my favourity experiences ever..this was in 1982.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I just got finished watching the original 1980 'Prom Night'. I'm actually not sure if I had seen this before, it was familiar in parts so probably not in a long time. I thought they'd give JLC more to do here but she was just sorta floundering through most of the movie. It's always funny seeing Leslie Neilsen play a normal character. The movie itself was just 'ok' I think there's a lot better in the subgenre. If you're expecting this to be on the level of 'Carrie' or something hell nah not even close but worth the watch nonetheless.