Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
244129_medium.jpg

If you’re looking for a splatterfest, this is worth watching. The story is average and the characters aren’t fleshed out properly, but the gore is good enough to let it slide. Should be on Shudder stream.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Looking for recommendations. If I've seen it already then that's fine. I'm looking for slashers or maybe some cult like shyt. I prefer horror that's set in our reality but I'll watch anything if it's good.
Hush just finally hit streaming services. I feel like it's Mike Flanagan's most slept-on gem.

On the cult tip, my first suggestion is usually the Endless. About brothers who escaped a cult, but get a message from it and decide to go back. It's another one you might have seen, since it's been out for years now.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
So what's the verdict on daddy's head?
Eh.....there are some scary parts in the movie but overall I would say it's a dud....doesn't really give any background info on why things are happening the way they are in the movie....the ending sucked as well.....

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Eh.....there are some scary parts in the movie but overall I would say it's a dud....doesn't really give any background info on why things are happening the way they are in the movie....the ending sucked as well.....
I trust your judgement and especially with modern horrors straight to streaming outlets i have less faith in them.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I tired finding Junk (2000) but i could only find a 360p link on YouTube. I think Mubi has it sometimes. I saw a reddit comment about someone hoping it gets a wider release. The plot seems interesting so I'll keep looking for it.

I gave found footage a try yesterday. I watched 2, didn't get to Savageland like i wanted to.

My main pet peeve with found footage is everytime something is about to happen the camera fukks up and I'm left sitting there like
tenor.gif

Lake Mungo (2008)
Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster.jpg

This is a very sad movie. What's on screen is never scary, but when you think about it gets you. The fake documentary is so well done you forget your watching a fictional movie, and not a docuseries on Netflix.

After the movie you might think :childplease: that's it?

I don't think they movie is trying to be like Paranormal Activity(ghost torments family). Instead they movie leads you along with the mystery of what happened to Alice, and what unfinished business is there that made her come back.

You get false leads with, is it really her body thats found, hoax footage, the swinger neighbors, the paranormal expert, etc.

The real truth to this movie is that you or a loved one can die at any moment. If that happens would they know the love you shared eachother?

The most emotional part of the movie is when the mother talks about how much alike she is to Alice. You can see the mother and the daughter move the same way in their home infront of their window. The movie then talks about how they both are private people and keep to themselves.

At the end of the movie you see the session with the medium. You see that the mother and daughter share an experience about being in the room with eachother after Ali's death, but the mother can't feel her daughter's presence. Maybe its the privacy the mother and daughter both shared that didnt let them share a paranormal moment in the future. Then it's apparent Alice came back as a ghost to see her family because she misses them.

I'm sure any parent made sure to hug their kids after watching this movie.

Taking of Deborah Logan (2014)
The_Taking_of_Deborah_Logan.png

This is a sad fun movie. There's enough thrills in this movie to entertain anyone. There's some genuinely funny moments without making the movie feel like a horror comedy. One reason I watch horror movies is because there a good chance I see some shyt I never saw before and this movie delivered.

When Debbie opened her mouth to swallow a kid whole like an anaconda :damn:

The movie was extra interesting to me because I saw Lair of the Whiteworm(1988) not too long ago, so it was nice seeing another snake woman horror movie.

The true horror of this movie is seeing someonethat raised you not be themselves anymore. You do everythingin tour power to help them but its not enough. Much like the Exorcist except this time it's the parent instead of the child.

I also enjoyed As Far Above So Below this year. I probably don't hate found footage and just have a lower tolerance for the bad ones.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And I'm back. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm adding them to my list. Late last night I watched the original 1972 'The Last House on the Left.' I would say this is classified as a horror movie, right? Anyway, Wes Craven was on demon time with this one. The main dude looks and acts like a complete scumbag. I'm not big on the rape/revenge genre, I have to be honest. But I hadn't really watched this from beginning to end in some time and I'm a big Wes Craven fan so I gave it a go. It's definitely fukked up and creepy but my issues lies with the ending. I'm watching for what 90 minutes or so and I couldn't remember how it ended and then when we get there I'm left feeling cold. I was like "ehh that's it?" It just wasn't very satisfying or rewarding to me. How do y'all feel about it or the movie as a whole?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Mr. Crocket is so much better than the piece of shyt that I expected it to be. And I swear to god the dude playing the role of Crocket was just great all the way through. Had me thinking that although he’s a bit older, he’d be a dope replacement for Kang. Spooky ass nikka :pachaha:

The way he stabbed Rhonda, dragged her off as the door closed, then the door opened and he was standing there. Breh lmao. Had me both :lupe: and :pachaha:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List - Day 15 - Detention (Tubi)
As a copycat killer named after movie villain Cinderhella stalks the student body at Grizzly Lake High School, a group of co-eds band together to survive while serving detention.

This one's a trip. It's pure horror-comedy with a really stylish way of shooting everything. The transitions are fun, the kills have humor to them, and the plot is nuts. It's all jokes, though. This one scores low on the scares scale.

1. Triangle (Prime)
2. The Loved Ones (Paramount+)
3. Salem's Lot 2024 (Max)
4. Be My Cat: A Film for Anne (Tubi)
5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)
6. *Choose your own* - Haunt (2019)
7. Don't Go in the House (Tubi, Youtube)
8. Cure (Internet Archive)
9. Masque of the Red Death(Pluto/Apple TV+)
10. The Eyes of My Mother (Max)
11. Henry Portait of a Serial Killer (Peacock)
12. Curse of Chucky (Netflix)
13. *Choose your own*
14. Junk (2000) (Youtube)
15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)

16. Sleepaway Camp (Peacock)
17. The Skeleton Key(Peacock/Apple TV+)
18. The Witch (Max)
19. Brain Damage 1988 (Tubi)
20. *Choose your own*
21. Audition (Tubi)
22. J. D.'s Revenge(Tubi/Brown Sugar/Prime)
23. Dead Silence (Tubi)
24. Sinister (Max)
25. World War Z (Paramount Plus)
26. The Burbs (Youtube)
27. *Choose your own*
28. 28 Days Later
29. Black Christmas (Tubi)
30. The Shining(MAX/Apple TV+)
31. John Carpenter's Halloween

Next up is a straight up classic!

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)

This one is .....interesting
A mashup of genres - Horror - mild action- comedy - body horror- body swapping-1980's coming of age homage
wrapped in a by the numbers slasher no less. it has decent FX too.
there really is too much going on in this one, but somehow it just works
the Dr who style twist in the end was wild

but... my nikka being in detention since 1992 had me :dead:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Mr. Crocket is so much better than the piece of shyt that I expected it to be. And I swear to god the dude playing the role of Crocket was just great all the way through. Had me thinking that although he’s a bit older, he’d be a dope replacement for Kang. Spooky ass nikka :pachaha:

The way he stabbed Rhonda, dragged her off as the door closed, then the door opened and he was standing there. Breh lmao. Had me both :lupe: and :pachaha:
this shyt was dope to me. you can definitely get some sequels out of this