Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)

oh great ... another found footage flick....

exasperated-house-hugh-laurie-3yuxdgci69mgad3p.webp

Just kidding

since this was all shorts , it kept my attention better
the police short - i liked it - it was reminiscent of the DOOM video game , kept my attention the entire time
the music video - it was alright , probably the goriest out of the set, this would have been better if there was more time to develop the story and better lighting.
the plane short - to me, probably the best in the movie , the setting, the pacing , the way the plot moved- it was frenetic and did not let up until the last scene
the activists short - my wife liked this one, reminded me of the movie tusk, she did say the antagonist was the "whitest of white women":russ:
I see many a "Karen" role in her future.
the stumble on the ufo in the desert short - my wifes favorite short, ehh to me she just continuously did stupid shyt the entire short-
Basically, this was if Fukk around and find out was a movie
the wrap was meh

i can see some of these ideas being jacked in a few years by the new "it" horror director and just prettied up with a larger budget to make them appear competent.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)

Just kidding

the police short - i liked it - it was reminiscent of the DOOM video game , kept my attention the entire time
the music video - it was alright , probably the goriest out of the set, this would have been better if there was more time to develop the story and better lighting.
the plane short - to me, probably the best in the movie , the setting, the pacing , the way the plot moved- it was frenetic and did not let up until the last scene
the activists short - my wife liked this one, reminded me of the movie tusk, she did say the antagonist was the "whitest of white women":russ:
the stumble on the ufo in the desert short - my wifes favorite short, ehh to me she just contimpusly did stupid shyt the entore short-
Baically, this was if Fukk around and find out was a movie
the wrap was meh

i can see some of these ideas being jacked in a few years by the new "it" horror director and just prettied up with a larger budget to make them appear competent.
The police short is one that i'd want to see as a full movie.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)

Just kidding

the stumble on the ufo in the desert short - my wifes favorite short, ehh to me she just continuously did stupid shyt the entire short-
Basically, this was if Fukk around and find out was a movie
the wrap was meh

I hated this one. To me, it was the second worst one. Also, props for the message on the side to you and the rest that hit me up. I’m back on track.

With that said, strange darling is a goodie.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
The police short is one that i'd want to see as a full movie.

Has anyone watched Death Valley? I looked it up one day, and the premise is similar. The exception is DV seems more comedic. Like if this short is COPS that show is close to RENO 911.

I watched Things Will Be Different 2024
Things_Will_Be_Different.jpg

:patrice:

This is definitely a Sci-Fi movie although it's listed as Sci-Fi/Horror.

I must be missing something because I don't feel its as good as the other reviews I see. I really enjoyed the mystery, but I didn't enjoy the payoff. The movie intentionally leaves or or doesn't reveal plot details along the way. Thats ok with me, but if yoh do that I want more from the end.

Most reviews that I'm reading mention it's produced by Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead. I've never seen their movies, but I'm interested in modern sci fi horror so I'll check them out.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
‘Be My Cat: A Film for Anne’ (2015)

This was a struggle to get through. Dude’s accent felt like the equivalent of nails screeching on the chalkboard.

The creepiest thing about it was the look of it. It’s filmed like a documentary, makes you feel like you’re watching something that you shouldn’t be, and you’re hoping to god that someone isn’t doing these vile things in real-time (they are). The flick progressively goes from silly to unsettling, but the cycle of exploitation on these poor actresses eventually became tiresome to me. It was also irritating having to sit through multiple women deciding to go into this guy’s basement.

I see the influence of ‘Creep’ on this, another film that wasn’t for me. Gotta say though, it was funny timing how often Anne Hathaway came up in this, after being bombarded by so much ‘Princess Diaries 3’ news all throughout yesterday.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Be My Cat: A Film for Anne’ (2015)

This was a struggle to get through. Dude’s accent felt like the equivalent of nails screeching on the chalkboard.

The creepiest thing about it was the look of it. It’s filmed like a documentary, makes you feel like you’re watching something that you shouldn’t be, and you’re hoping to god that someone isn’t doing these vile things in real-time (they are). The flick progressively goes from silly to unsettling, but the cycle of exploitation on these poor actresses eventually became tiresome to me. It was also irritating having to sit through multiple women deciding to go into this guy’s basement.

I see the influence of ‘Creep’ on this, another film that wasn’t for me. Gotta say though, it was funny timing how often Anne Hathaway came up in this, after being bombarded by so much ‘Princess Diaries 3’ news all throughout yesterday.

almost gave it a try but saw it was a from like 10 years ago and the start of it made me think it was going to be stupid since it never hit my radar, you made me change my mind. Rather give this a try than how this salems lot is going

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
almost gave it a try but saw it was a from like 10 years ago and the start of it made me think it was going to be stupid since it never hit my radar, you made me change my mind. Rather give this a try than how this salems lot is going
Yeah, it definitely takes bigger swings than something as mediocre as the new ‘Salem’s Lot’. I appreciate the audacity of it from that standpoint, just wasn’t for me.