Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
There's so much stuff coming up its hard to keep track. This guy on Reddit did a good job

I'll probably watch some of your guys recommendations over the weekend.
@abominable1 's Operation Blood Hunt and @Lootpack 's It’s What’s Inside
I'm also interested in Things Will Be different, and the Australian horror movie Violett(I'm in an Aussie mood rn and its free on Tubi)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree with you from the Salem's Lot thread that this is towards younger audiences. They got the guy that wrote IT and that was a huge hit for Gen Z. Like everyone else I wish the movie had more time to breath.

I don't think its bad because I've been watching some truly bad films like The Front Room, Evil Toons, and Nothing But Trouble(actually don't really hate this:pachaha: its Texas Chainsaw Massacre for kids).

I also watched Stay Tuned with John Ritter which I enjoyed, but I think its dated with all the references so its hard to recommend for people that never watched TV on a fatback.

I'll read you're review for this after I watch it. I didn't realize this was the Anne Hathaway movie by the name. I heard about this on a horror doc or YouTube video and completely forgot about it.

I did watch VHS Beyond, and I had a lot of fun with it. The 2nd and last segments stood out to me. I'm interested in reading more opinions soon.
Nothing But Trouble the Dan Akroyd movie? When I was younger, I used to LOVE that movie. The big baby twins were hilarious to kid me.

Stay Tuned is another classic. I thought it was supposed to get a remake, but either that fell through or I fell for a fake report. It seems PERFECT to remake as a series on one of these streaming networks. They could literally use the network's other properties and set pieces for the family to get trapped in.

I'm about to start VHS now. I just heard a glowing review for a new thriller called Strange Darling, so that's also getting a quick watch from me.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Nothing But Trouble the Dan Akroyd movie? When I was younger, I used to LOVE that movie. The big baby twins were hilarious to kid me.
Yea thats the movie. I only remembered this movie because I googled Demi Moore movies. The baby twins and the Digital Underground scene(my dad was a fan of them) are the only things I remembered.

I also looked up Margaret Qualley and I didn't know she was Andie MacDowell's daughter. At the same time I used to always watch Ground Hog Day, and Multiplicity(which is another movie I forgot about). Last time I watched Ground Hog Day as an adult on Netflix I was like this is depressing:pachaha:

Stay Tuned is another classic. I thought it was supposed to get a remake, but either that fell through or I fell for a fake report. It seems PERFECT to remake as a series on one of these streaming networks. They could literally use the network's other properties and set pieces for the family to get trapped in.
I don't think I ever saw this as a kid but yea it was fun. I agree it should be updated. I saw that there was a remake in the works but it looks like production stopped.

I'm about to start VHS now. I just heard a glowing review for a new thriller called Strange Darling, so that's also getting a quick watch from me.

Yea I heard the same thing. Willa Fitzgerald was good in House of Usher and I think Kyle Gallner is an underrated actor.