Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
is this any good brehs ?

MV5BN2JmOGJiYTEtYjVlOC00YzFkLTliODAtOTI3OGVlNDc2MmZmXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
‘Be My Cat: A Film for Anne’ (2015)

This was a struggle to get through. Dude’s accent felt like the equivalent of nails screeching on the chalkboard.

The creepiest thing about it was the look of it. It’s filmed like a documentary, makes you feel like you’re watching something that you shouldn’t be, and you’re hoping to god that someone isn’t doing these vile things in real-time (they are). The flick progressively goes from silly to unsettling, but the cycle of exploitation on these poor actresses eventually became tiresome to me. It was also irritating having to sit through multiple women deciding to go into this guy’s basement.

I see the influence of ‘Creep’ on this, another film that wasn’t for me. Gotta say though, it was funny timing how often Anne Hathaway came up in this, after being bombarded by so much ‘Princess Diaries 3’ news all throughout yesterday.
I could see people not liking this as it is deep off into the FF niche and not really horror. But personally i really liked this movie, but it's one of those movies i wouldn't recommend to people if that makes sense. But yeah, this is like a cringy version of Creep and that's a weird thing to say.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I saw the trailer.

the crux of the movie seemed to be placing the couple in a situation where they have to deal with themselves and actually look at each other.

Good Answer!
They're brother and sister

And since it's 2024, everything is the man's fault.
Not my cup of tea.

Good Answer!
The writer/director is a millennial so its about generational trauma.
I'll just out right spoil the whole movie here. After typing this all out I don't hate the movie, but felt the ending was predictable and since its time travel stuff there's too many questions. I guess you're not suppose to ask and get the lesson of what the movie is trying to say.

Movie starts with bro and sis at a diner. They have hunting rifles and bags of money, so you find out they robbed something maybe a bank. The brother talks to his sister about his niece and says, "Shes what 10 now?". The sister tells him shes 6. They go to a house on a farm to hide out until the heat dies down for two weeks.

The brother has a book with instructions on how to use the house to time travel or go to a dimension that is out of the space time continuum. You get the regular time travel fare where they think this is fun and goof around a bit. They talk about how the brother feels guilty about leaving the sister behind during a previous job(?they don't specify what really happened). The sister says getting caught helped her turn her life around, and afterwards she had her daughter. The sister runs a failing antique shop, and the brother runs a failing bar. You find out the brother was told about the house and given the book by a patron.

When two weeks are up the brother and sister try to leave, but the door to the attic that lets them time travel is boarded up. At the mill you find a burnt up body with a watch. The brother says its the bar patron that gave him the book and he knows because she was wearing a watch that was her family's heirloom. They find out that the house is ran by the vice on the left and the vice on the right. The vice controls time, left is the past and right is the future. They use a tape recorder to talk to the vice MULTIPLE TIMES THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE. The vice says they shouldn't be there and will be wiped from existence, unless they can kill an intruder that the vice can't detect.

The brother and sister wait for the intruder for a year plus. Over the time you get regular "Ground Hog Day" sad time travel fare while they wait. They argue and talk about how shytty one of their parents were to each other. The intruder shows up and they get into a gun fight. The whole time they use the pronouns they/them/it for the intruder. The intruder takes the brother hostage. The sister gets into a melee fight with the intruder. The sister takes off the mask and recognizes them as her daughter but in her 20s. The daughter is also the bar patron that gave the brother the book, and told him about the house.

The intruder puts the mask on and the sister stops fighting. The brother comes in and tries to shoot the intruder, but the sister jumps in front and takes the bullet. This sister dies from the gunshot wound trying to tell her brother. She doesn't get a chance to tell the brother its her daughter because she's busy choking on blood. The brother asks the intruder why they're doing this and she says, "To save her family". I might have this mixed up a bit but its the basics of what happens here.

The brother goes back into the attic and meets the vice in person. They tell him he failed, and they will wipe him from existence. He convinces them to send him back to a time right before he goes to the diner.

The brother comes back to right before the movie starts. The movie cuts to away before the sister comes in. The sister asks a gentleman where did he get those bags from. The gentleman says, "I killed the man that had them. I've seen you die over and over. Kill me so that doesn't happen anymore." The camera slowly reveals that, the gentleman is the brother but this time he's 60:gladbron: SICK!:comeon:

I knew the intruder was a woman because they kept using gender neutral pronouns too often. Watching all those giallo movies gave me practice of telling the gender of masked individuals. The intruder kinda looks like a giallo killer. I knew it was the daughter cause it made the most sense. I also knew the guy at the diner was the old version of the brother before they panned to his hand.

Basically the bro sacrifices himself so that his sister and their daughter can have a better life than he and his sister dead. This ends the generational trauma that plagues the family.

IDK how the chain of events with the daughter going to her uncle when she's in her 20s or 30s, and tells him about the house. I think the bro and sis do the job because they know about the house. Also how could the daughter's burnt up body be in the mill. How does this save her family? At the end it implies the sister is going to prison for killing her old brother. Maybe she weasels her way out of doing time, and says that guy killed her present version of her brother. Was the first interaction we see further in the loop or was he just a bad uncle and didn't know how old his niece was?

is this any good brehs ?

MV5BN2JmOGJiYTEtYjVlOC00YzFkLTliODAtOTI3OGVlNDc2MmZmXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Imma need someone in here to let us know how this is. These October horror releases already got me feeling like a crash test dummy.

Last night I also watched Little Bites 2024
Little_Bites_2024_movie_poster.jpeg

One part in the movie made me want to throw my remote at my TV.

Rob Zombie's lil bro made an ok movie. The creature is cool and all that. Not much really happens. They lean way too hard on the metaphor for the creature. You get some cool cameos from women in horror that you'd recognize, and also a YouTube horror personality.

As always the house in this horror movie is beautiful.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I saw "Name The Demon" yesterday (Tubi). It's a found footage movie about some religious people basically doing some exorcist shyt. It okay-ish. Its low budget and hits a lot of tropes. Don't be a in rush to see this as there are clearly better movies coming out this October.