Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched Triangle for the second time and still enjoyed it. It takes the movie 40 minutes to become a much better movie than what you watch before it.

When Sally dies next to the other Sallys is a good:ohhh: moment.

Jess getting the gun thrown at her still got me every time:russ:

Only Greg noticed she traded in her Daisy Duke outfit for a Michael Myer's fit.

Jess doesn't take accountability for her actions. She killed the boy on the dock and kept saying, "I didn't do it."

You root for Melissa George to get back to her son because you believe she's a good mother. When she slaps her son you see she clearly isn't because she physically and verbally abuses her son.

The poster art gives away the twist.
I love when she throws the body over a balcony and it lands on the next floor where there are a BUNCH of bodies, so we get to see just how much this loop has kept on going. Then the moment gets revisited with the seagulls at the end...just a great a visual cue.

All the looping stuff works really well imo, except for failing to explain why Melissa George's character doesn't remember everything when the boat situation starts at the beginning. It's small enough of a quibble, that I don't think it hurts the movie though.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Day Two: The Loved Ones
When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge.

The Loved Ones feels like an underappreciated gem to me. It's got elements of the torture craze from the mid-00's, but with some People Under the Stairs mixed in for good measure. The only thing that drags it down a peg is the random side story about the MC's best buddy going to prom. I have no idea why that's in there, except maybe to give viewers a break from all the brutality and darkness happening at the house...but the jokes never land for me, and it doesn't have much place in the plot that I can find.

Luckily, that bit only distracts for two or three scenes. The rest of the way, we get a pretty tense kidnapping movie with all sorts of madness. It's a good horror movie, that hasn't gotten enough attention imo.

Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

1. Triangle (Prime)
2. The Loved Ones (Paramount+)

3. Salem's Lot 2024 (Max)
4. Be My Cat: A Film for Anne (Tubi)
5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)
6. *Choose your own*
7. Don't Go in the House (Tubi, Youtube)
8. Cure (Internet Archive)
9. Masque of the Red Death(Pluto/Apple TV+)
10. The Eyes of My Mother (Max)
11. Henry Portait of a Serial Killer (Peacock)
12. Curse of Chucky (Netflix)
13. *Choose your own*
14. Junk (2000) (Youtube)
15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)
16. Sleepaway Camp (Peacock)
17. The Skeleton Key(Peacock/Apple TV+)
18. The Witch (Max)
19. Brain Damage 1988 (Tubi)
20. *Choose your own*
21. Audition (Tubi)
22. J. D.'s Revenge(Tubi/Brown Sugar/Prime)
23. Dead Silence (Tubi)
24. Sinister (Max)
25. World War Z (Paramount Plus)
26. The Burbs (Youtube)
27. *Choose your own*
28. 28 Days Later
29. Black Christmas (Tubi)
30. The Shining(MAX/Apple TV+)
31. John Carpenter's Halloween