Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Invasive is part of a growing horror genre where people break into a home and find out that people who live there are dangerous (ie: Don't Breath, The Owners, Villains). It's not awful, but the other movies I listed are better by a wide margin. This one has a weird twist that let the effects people get crazy in the final act, but otherwise...this takes too long to pick up. I rated it slightly below average. Watchable for the die-hards, but that's it.

This reminded me I watched No One Lives with Luke Evans sometime this year when it was on Cinemax or something like that. That movie was a lot of fun and one of my favorites with this trope. I guess they don't technically break into his home but its very similar. Dracula Untold was cool too. Waay better than I thought it would be. Great Horror/Action movie. I wish they made a sequel.

Edit: I think "You fukked with the wrong one" should be the official name of this horror sub genre.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Man the fly is classic

"You're afraid to dive into the plasma pool, aren't you? You're afraid to be destroyed and recreated, aren't you? I'll bet you think that you woke me up about the flesh, don't you? But you only know society's straight line about the flesh. You can't penetrate beyond society's sick, gray, fear of the flesh. Drink deep, or taste not, the plasma spring! Y'see what I'm saying? And I'm not just talking about sex and penetration. I'm talking about penetration beyond the veil of the flesh! A deep penetrating dive into the plasma pool!"

What was the writer on :wow: :damn: :mjlol: :dahell: :huhldup:

I agree I rewatched the movie while I was doing something and I stopped doing what I was doing and just watched the movie. I enjoyed the movie a second time. Great tragic love story horror or not.

Didn't watch the beyond but was it crazier than baskin?

There's definitely a lot more I didn't see that shyt coming in The Beyond than in Baskin, no pun intended. The story in Baskin, and the acting is better. If you seen a lot of zombie movies you might get pissed at one character.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This reminded me I watched No One Lives with Luke Evans sometime this year when it was on Cinemax or something like that. That movie was a lot of fun and one of my favorites with this trope. I guess they don't technically break into his home but its very similar. Dracula Untold was cool too. Waay better than I thought it would be. Great Horror/Action movie. I wish they made a sequel.
Mans turned into a dynasty warriors character squaring up against an army solo. :damn:

The axe murderer

Daps
I agree I rewatched the movie while I was doing something and I stopped doing what I was doing and just watched the movie. I enjoyed the movie a second time. Great tragic love story horror or not.

There's definitely a lot more I didn't see that shyt coming in The Beyond than in Baskin, no pun intended. The story in Baskin, and the acting is better. If you seen a lot of zombie movies you might get pissed at one character.
Now i gotta see. If the Gore comparable thats a bonus

The axe murderer

Daps

Yo I read and find out this movie is part of a trilogy. Not necessarily sequel but connected
City of the Living Dead (1980)[2]
The Beyond (1981)[2]
The House by the Cemetery (1981)[

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yo I read and find out this movie is part of a trilogy. Not necessarily sequel but connected
City of the Living Dead (1980)[2]
The Beyond (1981)[2]
The House by the Cemetery (1981)[

I found that out after I watched the movie. Not sure why I picked that one to watch first. The lead actress is in all 3 but plays a new character each time.

It's like John Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy(The Thing, Prince of Darkness, Into the Mouth of Madness). The movies have the same director and similar themes but the stories are independent from each other. In so it's not like Lord of the Rings.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Didn't know there was a Hannibal lector movie before Hopkins
And it's fire too. Michael Mann directed

It's got a perfect quote from Hannibal too
Describing a serial killer in the flick.

If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is. :banderas:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
And it's fire too. Michael Mann directed

It's got a perfect quote from Hannibal too
Describing a serial killer in the flick.

If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is. :banderas:

Logan Roy played a great Lecter. Too bad Hopkins came in and made his version an afterthought.

Did a back to back a few months ago. Noticed some stuff used in the Hannibal tv show.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Edit: I think "You fukked with the wrong one" should be the official name of this horror sub genre.
If I'm not mistaken, they were trying to make Dracula Untold the first of a Universal Monsters crossover universe like the MCU. But it fell through. That woulda been pretty epic!

"You fukked with the wrong one" is definitely a good name for the genre. High-key one of the most entertaining horror genres too :mjgrin: