Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
wonder if this means no more AHS
A nuclear war could occur and there would still be a new AHS season, lol. Should’ve ended many seasons ago. You know they’re gonna come up with another batshyt story featuring an “actor/actress” in a lead role who shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A nuclear war could occur and there would still be a new AHS season, lol. Should’ve ended many seasons ago. You know they’re gonna come up with another batshyt story featuring an “actor/actress” in a lead role who shouldn’t be anywhere near it.
I just want that third season that suppose to end the Coven saga and they can cancel it. The last good season was the slasher inspired one.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
wonder if this means no more AHS
I believe i read somewhere that the Strike and Manny Coto passing away pushed stuff back and that Delicate part 2 was all there was for this year for AHS

but American Horror Stories season 3 should premiere around Halloween

could be wrong though

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

List includes a bunch of flicks I haven't watched or even heard of. The ones I've seen on her list are legit: Monolith, Lowlifes, Night Shift, and Double-Blind.

The rest I haven't watched yet, so this is a new binge list for me.
Violett
Mind, Body, Spirit
Invasive
Amelia's Children
Faceless After Dark
Cold Meat

So far I've watched
Cold Meat, Invasive, and Faceless After Dark.

Cold Meat, I went into a bit of detail on earlier in the thread. It's worth a watch.

Invasive is part of a growing horror genre where people break into a home and find out that people who live there are dangerous (ie: Don't Breath, The Owners, Villains). It's not awful, but the other movies I listed are better by a wide margin. This one has a weird twist that let the effects people get crazy in the final act, but otherwise...this takes too long to pick up. I rated it slightly below average. Watchable for the die-hards, but that's it.

Faceless After Dark didn't land at all for me. It suffers from a serious case of "doing too much." The dialogue, the cinematography, the plot..it all felt try-hard to me. Anyway, this is a "trying to make it drives a character crazy" plot with a twist. The MC is an actress who starred in a slasher but can't get any new jobs. She's stressed out, and comes home to find a man has broken in wearing the costume of her former slasher villain. It's a cool premise that they fail to capitalize on...everything else is just as flat. I rate this as bad, but there were obviously serious budget constraints...so maybe everyone has more to offer.

Even the die hards can skip Faceless After Dark IMO, but I'd ask yall to give the very opening scene a watch because it'll show you what I mean by "trying too hard." :snoop: