Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
100 - Eraserhead
99 - Night of the Demons (2009)
98 - Torso
97 - Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I have the Key
96 - The Puppet Master:
95 - Puppet Master 2:
94. Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge
93. Hellhouse LLC Director’s Cut
92. Hell House II
91. Dead Alive
90. Urban Legend
89. Hell House III
88. The Fury
87. The Beyond

86. Annihilation - Okay Movie. I respect Nic Cage for dabbing into horror a lot in the later stages of his career

85. Dead and Breakfast - had a friend put me onto this. Surprised to know I didn't know this existed considering it has Jeffery Dean Morgan, Gina Phillips, and Jeremy Sito. Pretty damn funny. I feel like my hardcore horror heads would love this.

84. Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor - I don't know how I missed the fourth one. Hell House One and Four put two and three to shame. This shyt had me legit spooked. This series does a great job of making clowns scary lol. There's much tension in this movie. There was a lot of shyt to nitpick but overall a good scare. I hear a new Hell House is in the works. If so, I'm excited.

83. Alien - Decided to go through the Alien series early since the new film drops next weekend, so I wanted to prepare myself for this world since I will be watching it in theaters. This movie was ahead of its time. One of those horror movies with a vision. So much fukkery happens in this one.

82. Aliens - Instead of one Alien there are too many of them. Burke was pissing me the fukk off with his scumbag shyt, got himself and everyone killed trying to make money. Decent cast with a slow build-up towards all the action. I wish movies would go back to their ways of giving shyt time. A lot of horror movies rush their stories now trying to keep the audience's attention; fukk the people. Love the story you're producing more. Aliens gave you time to know the characters, the new setting Ripley is in, and before the shyt pops off we just learn details that need to be explained and there's a lot of exploring. I love how there's a recurring theme of men not listening to Ripley about the Aliens and what needs to happen, just for all of them to die lol.

81. Aliens 3- After finishing the trilogy I think it's fair to say Ripley is 1b. as the goat character in horror next to Laurie Strode. Alien is 3 films of her kicking ass, surviving, and then going out on her terms in the final film. I never really looked at this series as morbid but once it was revealed Newt died I was like damn that's dark af. I thought I was going to be bored with this one since it was in a prison with a bunch of bald dudes. But I enjoyed this story a lot. It took me about 30 minutes to realize oh boy was Tywin Lannister LMAO I liked his character. Breh doing all the prayers was the best one out of the dudes though. Another thing I like about this series is the run times are long. Alien must have really been successful back in the day which allowed them to have a big budget.

I know there's an Alien movie that came out a few years ago and it was directed by Ripley Scott so I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm excited for next weekend. I don't think it will even come close to being just as good as the originals but the director for this upcoming film directed Evil Dead from 2013. So sign me up.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
86. Annihilation - Okay Movie. I respect Nic Cage for dabbing into horror a lot in the later stages of his career

I think you watched Color Out of Space instead. I did like Annihilation more though.

The Alien franchise is good, I watched it recently. You didn't mention Alien Resurrection but I don't blame you. It is an intentionally cheesy movie but like always Brad Dourif and Ron Perlman never disappoint.

I thought the cast in Aliens was great. You should watch Near Dark(1987)

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I think you watched Color Out of Space instead. I did like Annihilation more though.

The Alien franchise is good, I watched it recently. You didn't mention Alien Resurrection but I don't blame you. It is an intentionally cheesy movie but like always Brad Dourif and Ron Perlman never disappoint.

I thought the cast in Aliens was great. You should watch Near Dark(1987)
Wait wtf I didn’t know there was a fourth one. Which doesn’t make any sense since Ripley offs herself

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Know what pretend I didn't mention that movie :dead:

Watch Underwater 2020 instead
Nah fukk it I’ll watch it. I want to watch all the Alien movies to be hyped for next weekend.

I was reading opinions on 3 on Reddit. Some of these mother fukkers completely hated it and the reasons are so dumb lol.

of course it’s probably not better than 2 and for sure can’t hold a candle to 1. But as long as a horror series doesn’t reach HellRaiser status with horrible sequels I don’t understand the perfection mindset some horror fans seem to have lol I always encounter these opinions on what movies sucked, that I actually liked, just to hear what they believe is good when it’s trash af

But i will give acknowledge to the comments that I saw said they were kinda bored and confused in some of the parts in 3

Overall I liked the characters in 3

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Nah fukk it I’ll watch it. I want to watch all the Alien movies to be hyped for next weekend.

I was reading opinions on 3 on Reddit. Some of these mother fukkers completely hated it and the reasons are so dumb lol.

of course it’s probably not better than 2 and for sure can’t hold a candle to 1. But as long as a horror series doesn’t reach HellRaiser status with horrible sequels I don’t understand the perfection mindset some horror fans seem to have lol I always encounter these opinions on what movies sucked, that I actually liked, just to hear what they believe is good when it’s trash af

But i will give acknowledge to the comments that I saw said they were kinda bored and confused in some of the parts in 3

Overall I liked the characters in 3

There's different versions of Alien 3. They make some big changes. Only change I remember is that in one version the Xenomorph comes out of a cow(?) and in another version it comes out of a dog.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:What the hell

Yea I watched the Assembly Cut last year and enjoyed it more than I did before. Alien 3 was the only one in the series I remembered because I watched it on Comcast VOD not too long ago. I remembered the Xenomorph coming out of a dog and when I was watching it last year I was confused when it came out of an Ox.

Heres and article talking about the differences.
Alien‭ ‬3:‭ ‬Comparing the Assembly Cut to the Theatrical Cut

Here's a more in depth discussion about the differences in an hour long video.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wait wtf I didn’t know there was a fourth one. Which doesn’t make any sense since Ripley offs herself
They figured out a work around...Resurrection is convoluted as hell, if I remember right. Prometheus and Covenant are too, but Resurrection felt more galling since it followed the best movies of the series and didn't have the redeeming qualities of Prometheus (I kinda hate Covenant tbh).

I always thought Alien 3 got a bad wrap. It's a great setting for an Alien movie with all the prisoners, and it has some really cool sequences. I remember hearing they made a bunch of changes from the director's original vision, so I wonder if that's why it gets dogged so often.

Underwater is like an Alien inspired movie with a bit of the Deep Ones mixed in. Definitely a worthwhile addition to your watchlist, like @Duke Dixon mentioned.