Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

List includes a bunch of flicks I haven't watched or even heard of. The ones I've seen on her list are legit: Monolith, Lowlifes, Night Shift, and Double-Blind.

The rest I haven't watched yet, so this is a new binge list for me.
Violett
Mind, Body, Spirit
Invasive
Amelia's Children
Faceless After Dark
Cold Meat

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I saw the synopsis, saw Kurosawa's name (he made Pulse), and did the blind watch thing...and, honestly I think this movie clears Longlegs. To be fair, I was pretty disappointed by Longlegs. It's a really well-made movie but got overhyped IMO. So it could be bias from expectations. I had high expectations for Longlegs, so when it was just good, I was disappointed. There were no expectations when I started Cure, and it caught me off-guard.

I feel the same way about Maxxxine and I really enjoyed X and Pearl, but was let down by the hype. I've been watching Giallo movies this summer and I don't think Maxxxine is on but it has homages to them. I've still been watching Giallo(actually Italian Horror) movies because some of them are really good.

I also saw some movies before, that I feel like Maxxxine more inspiration from. Particularly Brian De Palma's Body Double, and Blow Out. I saw a list of more movies that inspired it and so far I've seen Hardcore 1979 and Ms. 45. I liked Hardcore and see the connection, but I don't with Ms. 45.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel the same way about Maxxxine and I really enjoyed X and Pearl, but was let down by the hype. I've been watching Giallo movies this summer and I don't think Maxxxine is on but it has homages to them. I've still been watching Giallo(actually Italian Horror) movies because some of them are really good.

I also saw some movies before, that I feel like Maxxxine more inspiration from. Particularly Brian De Palma's Body Double, and Blow Out. I saw a list of more movies that inspired it and so far I've seen Hardcore 1979 and Ms. 45. I liked Hardcore and see the connection, but I don't with Ms. 45.
Taking on the Giallo classics DEFINITELY feels like Herculean task. I loved Last Night in Soho, which also marketed as a homage to Giallo, but I don't think it hits anywhere close to the great Giallo movies. Though, I need to do a marathon of non-Argento giallo movies, because I'm positive I'm missing out on a bunch of great movies.

I give credit to the movies that wear their influences on their sleeves, for pointing me back to the classics. My niece's favorite theater experience was Smile, so I keep telling her "you need to watch "It Follows" in a good horror environment! But they remind me of younger sports fans trying to compare their favorites to the legends. There were like 10 "next Jordan's" that flopped for the two who didn't (Bron and Kobe).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Watching Stopmotion tonight. I hope it is good.

Let us know what you think. These are the two movies I'm watching tonight.

MV5BZmYyZjA1MTQtY2YwMi00NjUwLTkwYjEtMmQ0YjUxZmI5ZDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

81QoPK+GOtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg