Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn. That remind me that hell raiser also had several comic books as well
When Jason vs Freddy dropped, they had planned a sequel that include Ash and the Deadites from Evil Dead. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash got far enough along to have a full screenplay but the movie fell through. So, they turned it into a 6-issue comic book series...movie woulda been epic.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
No doubt I will. That Pieces movie looks interesting. Let us know how that movie is.

I thought it was fun. The tone won't be for everyone. I can't think of any newer movies that had a similar tone, but it'd say Sleepaway Camp if you're familiar with that.

The gore was top notch. I'm actually shocked the one cameo was the real person and not an imposter.

I also liked A Bay of Blood. I didn't expect a slasher to turn into a soap opera. I can see the influence on the first two F13ths.

I've wanted to watch Maniac but I'll save that for another day. I read the remake with Elijah Wood was good too.

I watched The Black Cat (1989) which is also named Demons 6 in other countries. It has nothing to do with Edgar Allen Poe or the Demon franchise :mjlol: It was originally supposed to be the 3rd movie in the Suspiria trilogy and was written by Argento's wife who was a cowriter on Suspiria and was in a bunch of his movies. After he decided not to make it she gave the movie to the current director and he rewote some things and she left. The movie is weird as hell, and feels like a made for TV version of Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Anyways I said all that to say I was on the IMDB for The Black Cat, and said damn who's this. It was Caroline Munro and she was in The Black Cat when she was older. I saw that she was in Maniac, Slaughter High, a James Bond and a Sinbad movie.

Edit: It was an imposter I read it wrong:snoop:

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
When Jason vs Freddy dropped, they had planned a sequel that include Ash and the Deadites from Evil Dead. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash got far enough along to have a full screenplay but the movie fell through. So, they turned it into a 6-issue comic book series...movie woulda been epic.
I thought that movie was set in stone then it fell through :francis:
He did get another comic marvel zombies and shyt

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Same as the proposed freddy vs Jason in 1987 that failed ended up a comic & Jason ends up VS Carrie ie Friday 13th part 7.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Same as the proposed freddy vs Jason in 1987 that failed ended up a comic & Jason ends up VS Carrie ie Friday 13th part 7.
Script to Comic seems like a relatively easy transition, especially if the storyboarding has been done. There are some really good original horror comics that I think SHOULD be turned into movies too:
The Nice House on the Lake
Straydogs
Maniac of New York

Would all make great horror movies without changing much from the stories. Granted, Straydogs would be best off animated.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I thought it was fun. The tone won't be for everyone. I can't think of any newer movies that had a similar tone, but it'd say Sleepaway Camp if you're familiar with that.

The gore was top notch. I'm actually shocked the one cameo was the real person and not an imposter.

I also liked A Bay of Blood. I didn't expect a slasher to turn into a soap opera. I can see the influence on the first two F13ths.

I've wanted to watch Maniac but I'll save that for another day. I read the remake with Elijah Wood was good too.

I watched The Black Cat (1989) which is also named Demons 6 in other countries. It has nothing to do with Edgar Allen Poe or the Demon franchise :mjlol: It was originally supposed to be the 3rd movie in the Suspiria trilogy and was written by Argento's wife who was a cowriter on Suspiria and was in a bunch of his movies. After he decided not to make it she gave the movie to the current director and he rewote some things and she left. The movie is weird as hell, and feels like a made for TV version of Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Anyways I said all that to say I was on the IMDB for The Black Cat, and said damn who's this. It was Caroline Munro and she was in The Black Cat when she was older. I saw that she was in Maniac, Slaughter High, a James Bond and a Sinbad movie.

Edit: It was an imposter I read it wrong:snoop:
Thats wassup, Im glad you enjoyed it. I will check it out. Stopmotion was okay. The premise or idea was interesting, but fell flat toward the end. I like the theme of how artists can tend to get involved with their work so much it can assume them and drive them insane. The animation was dope in the movie. I give the film a 6/10. Average film, but it was creative so I will say it is worth a watch, especially if you are into animation.