Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Watched the rob zombie Halloween 2007 and look I can put up with a lot in life.....but this.....do I have to finish this shyt :sadcam:
Juni Cortez from Spy Kids not only portraying a massive piece of shyt, but getting his shyt rocked as well was a gut punch to me when I first watched it. :picard:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
95. Hellhouse LLC Director’s Cut :ehh: Felt like I always see mixed reviews on this. First time watching and it was decent.

I thought the interview parts were corny. I was high af yesterday and it had me thinking I was watching Dateline lmao

The actual footage and the aftermath was fire though. The second half of this movie reminded me of Blair Witch and Paranormal activity, which I’m a fan of
I stan found footage movies, so I love the Hellhouse movies. Hellhouse Origins: The Carmichael Manor is really good IMO.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
just watched A Quiet Place: Day One :yeshrug: it was okay i guess

1. they continue give Djimon Hounsou small super side helper as roles :mjpls:

2. they continue to focus on black and white partnership,, they should have focus on military preparation. since the first two film already stated you have stay Quiet

3/5

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So, I have a horror-loving family. My sister even has compliments for Tarot and Imaginary. But this weekend she hit me up specifically to say "do not waste your money going to see Trap." I don't remember the last time she hated a movie that much :mjlol: .

...Suffice to say, I'll wait for the VOD.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I saw a list of movies that inspired Longlegs. It had standard fair, Silence of the Lambs, Frailty and Seven. Nothing surprised me until I got to a 1997 J-Horror I've never seen before.

Cure
A frustrated detective deals with the case of several gruesome murders committed by people who have no recollection of what they've done.

I saw the synopsis, saw Kurosawa's name (he made Pulse), and did the blind watch thing...and, honestly I think this movie clears Longlegs. To be fair, I was pretty disappointed by Longlegs. It's a really well-made movie but got overhyped IMO. So it could be bias from expectations. I had high expectations for Longlegs, so when it was just good, I was disappointed. There were no expectations when I started Cure, and it caught me off-guard.

Cure is everything they told me Longlegs would be. It's a dark, disturbing, slow-burn crime thriller that slips into horror due to the strange nature of the crimes and killer. It's got a numb, claustrophobic atmosphere and a matter-of-fact tone about its violent moments. This joint caught me off-guard about three times, with the best moment leaving me with goosebumps.

The sound design bodies, the plot had me hooked, and the creepy factor is heavy. But, as a warning, just like Longlegs, it doesn't have traditional scares. It's more about the atmosphere and spiraling darkness.

I think you'd do best to find and watch this ish without looking at the trailer. But, in case anyone wants to check for it...

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
95. Hellhouse LLC Director’s Cut :ehh: Felt like I always see mixed reviews on this. First time watching and it was decent.

I thought the interview parts were corny. I was high af yesterday and it had me thinking I was watching Dateline lmao

The actual footage and the aftermath was fire though. The second half of this movie reminded me of Blair Witch and Paranormal activity, which I’m a fan of
94. Hell House II
93. Dead Alive
92. Urban Legend
91. Hell House III
90. The Fury
89. This horror documentary on YouTube that includes John carpenter, Wes Craven, etc.
88. The Beyond

Don’t know how it says 87 days until Halloween but I’ve only watched up until 88 I might have miscounted or something but either way I’m still thugging it out until Halloween

I’m down to talk about any movies mentioned above

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Traumatika%20-%20poster%20art%20copy.jpg

From the creators of TWO WITCHES... a blend of elements from the hellbound genre with that of the slasher one to forge a fresh innovative concept in shock and increase the sensory impact. Employing multiple first-person point-of-view shots to immerse the audience in traumatic childhood experiences, the question is, why is little Mikey terrified of his mother? Maybe it's because of the evil inside her? Mikey's night terrors become reality when his mother begins showing signs of demonic possession. What he's about to experience will haunt him for the rest of his life and claim countless lives across generations.

I want to see this so bad!