Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
100 - Eraserhead
99 - Night of the Demons (2009)
98 - Torso
97 - Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I have the Key: Giallo is one wild-ass genre brehs. Titties, ass, sex, and murders everywhere. Got damn the women in these films be so fukking fine. The 1970s was a different time. How come this genre isn't popping anymore?

As for the movie, pretty good. I hated the main character so much he was so good at being a piece of shyt. By the end of the movie, I was having deja vu. The story had the same setup and ending as one of those stories from Two Evil Eyes, when I say the same I meant identically the same. This film came out first so I assumed Two Evil Eyes plagiarised the ending but then I remembered that story from Two Evil Eyes used Edgar Allen Poe's story as inspiration, as did this movie. Enjoyable genre.

96 - The Puppet Master: I always avoided this movie because I thought it looked dumb. This movie has been on TV countless times throughout the years and I either used it as background noise or flipped the channel. I'm glad I finally gave this movie a chance because it was pretty good. Obviously, it's not perfect and I feel like it's a movie you can only appreciate if you're big into horror.

I thought the plot, setting, and cast were great. I only have two gripes but they're big in my opinion. First, the main character Alex was fukking useless. This man said he was there to stop all the bad shyt from his visions just for that man to get his ass beat up when the time for him to show up. Dude turned down getting some ass and spent most of the movie wandering the halls or sleeping. He had no contribution to killing Neil.

My other grip is I didn't understand why the puppets turned on Neil. They did all that work for him just to off him at the end. If you're the puppet master how can the puppets willingly turn on you? If the Puppets have free will then why were they following dude's orders to begin with?

95 - Puppet Master 2: Not bad for a sequel. The villain was outstanding. So fukking creepy and the reveal of what he looks like was phenomenal.

I had the same fukking gripe though. The same thing happened in the ending. The puppets all turn on the dude after working for him the entire time lol and this was the original puppet master!

I plan on finishing the Puppet Master series in order so expect more posts about it as the days go on lol. I just hope the endings are different.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This has me nervous. I was curious to see how many films were left. There are 15 movies in this series :pachaha:nikka wtf is there some gigantic cult following
Yeah fam, that franchise put Full Moon on its back. There was the original three; a trilogy about the origins of puppet formula that matched Toulon's puppets against evil puppets; a recap movie that literally just goes over the previous movies; prequels; crossovers with another Full Moon franchise (The Demonic Toys), and then a Requel that dropped a few years back.

They also have a bunch of comics, and this massive book that documents the whole history.

But I'd say it falls off after the original trilogy. The production values drop fast and the movie quality falls off a cliff. I don't think anything after the fifth one (Curs of the Puppet Master) is particularly watchable.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
This movie was weird .... :russ: ....:gucci:....
MV5BNzQyNGQxNjYtMWVmYS00ZTNhLWEyYTAtMjFiOWVjN2ZjYzdjXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah fam, that franchise put Full Moon on its back. There was the original three; a trilogy about the origins of puppet formula that matched Toulon's puppets against evil puppets; a recap movie that literally just goes over the previous movies; prequels; crossovers with another Full Moon franchise (The Demonic Toys), and then a Requel that dropped a few years back.

They also have a bunch of comics, and this massive book that documents the whole history.

But I'd say it falls off after the original trilogy. The production values drop fast and the movie quality falls off a cliff. I don't think anything after the fifth one (Curs of the Puppet Master) is particularly watchable.
Breh thanks for looking out for me. I went on Reddit to read opinions. Everyone said the same thing 1-5 are the ones to watch then bounce.

I saw that they turn into Nazis basically slapping the series in the face

I might watch the other two in the future but I know for a fact I won’t be watching the rest.

I would have wasted my time

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I picked up one of the ongoing series when I found the run in dollar boxes. Legit had me :gladbron: when I saw them.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I forget which Puppet Master movies I've seen. You are right they used to be on TV all the time. I know I've seen 3 and 4 but I don't remember and thing from them besides that's when certain characters debuted.

The only other Full Moon movies I've seen are The Demonic Toys, Dollman VS The Demonic Toys, Castle Freak, and Shrunken Heads.