Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Thanksgiving is an enjoyable slasher. The kills delivered. The story is cut and paste and the script was okay, but who watches a slasher for all that? :skip:

Aside from one of the main “teens,” They weren't annoying like you normally see. The killer was unexpected, but it’s too bad they didn’t foreshadow; felt like a “fukk it, let’s just make X the killer. :manny:

The trampoline scene had me :huhldup:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Has a Brandon Cronenberg feel to it. A little Peter Strickland absurdity too. Margaret Qualley taking on another batshyt insane project. :wow:

Her, Maika Monroe, Mia Goth, and Mikey Madison need to just go ahead and form a stable.

giphy.gif

They may not hit on everything but I’m still sat in the seat for their stuff.

I'm not too familiar with Margaret Qualley. She was was good in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I remember her in Poor Things.

Also this movie is directed by Coralie Fargeat who made Revenge. I heard that movie is good but the rape revenge movies is the one subgenre of horror I stay away from. I might give it a try.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

The props were so well done. Creepy than a mf :ohlawd:
Fear of hell is so primal when you grow up in a religious household. Can you really imagine anything worse? There is nothing that says how fukked you are as the hell mouth opening with the screams of millions of the damned :ohlawd:
Was from a movie M10.28. Its dogshyt but this scene was great

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm not too familiar with Margaret Qualley. She was was good in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I remember her in Poor Things.

Also this movie is directed by Coralie Fargeat who made Revenge. I heard that movie is good but the rape revenge movies is the one subgenre of horror I stay away from. I might give it a try.
She’s in Yorgos’ new flick ‘Kinds of Kindness’ with Emma Stone and Jesse Plemons. But I know her mostly from The Leftovers (which is very good).

It’s interesting looking back at Once Upon a Time in Hollywood now and realizing how many of the young blood actors who are on fire right now were in that flick. Quentin was cookin’.

Ditto on the rape revenge shyt. I’ve seen just about everything else from Gaspar Noe but still haven’t mustered up the willpower to watch Irreversible. :hubie:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
It’s interesting looking back at Once Upon a Time in Hollywood now and realizing how many of the young blood actors who are on fire right now were in that flick. Quentin was cookin’.

I was thinking about this the other day when I watched The Watchers and wanted to know where the hell Dakota Fanning has been.

QT Even fit in some of his favorite actors' kids who are alright.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I was thinking about this the other day when I watched The Watchers and wanted to know where the hell Dakota Fanning has been.
Ngl, I thought that was Chloë Sevigny at first. :russ:

I’m so used to seeing little Dakota Fanning in films rather than her grown-up version.

QT Even fit in some of his favorite actors' kids who are alright.
It’s dope when it actually works out. PTA did the same for Philip Seymour Hoffman’s son and Cooper killed it.

When it doesn’t work, that’s when the nepotism tirades really start coming in lol.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Longlegs was dope but I still find myself favoring The Blackcoat’s Daughter over it as Osgood’s best work.

Was reminded of that after a standout scene from Kiernan Shipka. Afterwards in which I thought: “Damn, I wish she had a more prominent role in this.”

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I heard its one of his most unsettling books :ohhh:
It's a fantastic short story! And I'd argue that the ending of the movie is better...at least the best ending. There are a couple of different endings that you'll come across for the film, but I think one is absolutely brilliant. I won't spoil anything.

1408 and The Black Phone are two movies that I think do certain things better than their short story counterparts. I'm usually a "the book was better" guy.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
5 Nights at Freddy’s was boring as fukk. It was a movie I was gonna watch in theaters, but the reviews kept me away. This is one of those times where I agree with the consensus and I’m glad I didn’t see it in the theaters. :russell:

It focused too much on the story and that shyt felt like Lifetime lite horror. The main character was dull and boring. By the time the movie became a little interesting it was already over the 1 hour mark.

I don’t know how this shyt made close to 300 mil. :dwillhuh:

Banana Splits Movie >>> 5 Nights…

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It's a fantastic short story! And I'd argue that the ending of the movie is better...at least the best ending. There are a couple of different endings that you'll come across for the film, but I think one is absolutely brilliant. I won't spoil anything.

1408 and The Black Phone are two movies that I think do certain things better than their short story counterparts. I'm usually a "the book was better" guy.
Damn i know stephen king has hundreds of stories i didnt know he influenced Black phone. Legend of the game:wow:
You ever read the book revival?