Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Everyone who works in Hollywood should take note of the Longlegs marketing. It’s EVERYWHERE and there’s still a few weeks until it drops. I hope it delivers.
They usually put out quality stuff, but I’ve never seen Neon go this all out in marketing for one of their films before until this one. Must have really liked what they saw from it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
VHS-Beyond.jpeg

Justin Long fukkery.
:myman:

The seventh installment in Shudder’s “V/H/S” series is arriving just in time for Halloween, with a dynamic group of writers and directors contributing segments.

V/H/S/Beyond,” a Shudder Original Film in association with Studio71, will debut on the horror streamer on Oct. 4, and Variety can exclusively reveal the segment names and filmmakers in this sci-fi-inspired chapter of the anthology series. Per a press release, the film “will feature six new bloodcurdling tapes, placing horror at the forefront of a sci-fi-inspired hellscape.”

Contributors include “The Fall of The House Of Usher” star Kate Siegel, who will be making her directorial debut with “Stowaway,” written by her frequent collaborator and husband Mike Flanagan; brothers Justin and Christian Long, who wrote and directed the segment “Fur Babies”; and Justin Martinez, whose segment “10/31/98,” made alongside his Radio Silence collective, was the final segment in the first “V/H/S” film.

“Stork”: Directed by Jordan Downey, screenplay by Downey and Kevin Stewart
“Fur Babies”: Written and directed by Christian Long and Justin Long
“Live and Let Dive”: Directed by Justin Martinez, story by Martinez and Ben Turner, screenplay by Turner
“Dream Girl”: Directed by Virat Pal, written by Pal and Evan dikkson
“Stowaway”: Directed by Kate Siegel, written by Mike Flanagan
And a special presentation by Jay Cheel

“V/H/S/Beyond” is produced by Josh Goldbloom, James Harris, Michael Schreiber and Brad Miska, and executive produced by Adam Boorstin.

The previous film in the series —last year’s “V/H/S/85” — was Shudder and AMC+’s most-watched exclusive film premiere of the year.

See the “V/H/S/Beyond” announcement graphic below.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
movie poster

FRESH SCORE.
90%Tomatometer
62 Reviews
- -
In pursuit of a serial killer, an FBI agent uncovers a series of occult clues that she must solve to end his terrifying killing spree.Content collapsed.

Hell yeah! Long Legs is sitting pretty right now. The hype is real. I can't see it this weekend. Somebody please report back without spoilers and let us know if it's good!

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
The seventh installment in Shudder’s “V/H/S” series is arriving just in time for Halloween, with a dynamic group of writers and directors contributing segments.

Contributors include “The Fall of The House Of Usher” star Kate Siegel, who will be making her directorial debut with “Stowaway,” written by her frequent collaborator and husband Mike Flanaganand Justin Martinez, whose segment “10/31/98,” made alongside his Radio Silence collective, was the final segment in the first “V/H/S” film.

“Live and Let Dive”: Directed by Justin Martinez, story by Martinez and Ben Turner, screenplay by Turner

“Stowaway”: Directed by Kate Siegel, written by Mike Flanagan

I'm interested in these two segments the most. Radio Silence owns Horror Comedy for me right now, and after Abigail their at always check out status.

I enjoy Kate Siegel in everything that I've seen her in. I feel other people are the same way because I never hear anyone talk bad about her husband having her in a movie like they do Sherri Moon, or whoever the woman Tim Burton was married to. I hope she continues the trend of being a great director that's married to one of the directors of their time like Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Night Shadow (1989)

Late 80's werewolf flick

werewolf fx okay - looks like a hulked out version of the tv show Werewolf

its like a bad mix of the howling and a kung fu flick (really)

no trailer- whole movie below

plus-- got a Kato Kaelin stimi :russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

‘Hell House LLC: Lineage’ Teaser Trailer – Fifth Installment Comes to Shudder in 2025​

56b4329a2183e1016df75dc118dfb6b0

Published
44 mins ago
on
July 11, 2024
By
John Squires
lineage.png

The hit found footage franchise Hell House LLC just released its fourth installment last year, and Terror Films Releasing has announced an upcoming fifth installment tonight.
Terror Films Releasing has teamed with writer/director Stephen Cognetti for the latest installment of the Hell House LLC franchise, titled Hell House LLC: Lineage.
The fifth installment in the franchise will go into production in November and is set to be released exclusively on Shudder in October of 2025. Watch the official teaser below.
Hell House LLC: Lineage will continue a deeper dive into the back stories of various characters within the franchise, while introducing new characters and storylines.
The film will be written and directed by Cognetti, with Joe Bandelli producing. Terror Films Releasing CEO, Joe Dain and COO, Jim Klock will act as Executive Producers.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
‘The Substance’ Trailer: Demi Moore, Dennis Quaid, and Margaret Qualley Get Bloody, Crash Cars in Cannes-Winning Body-Horror Nightmare

Opening in theaters September 20th, 2024

‘The Substance’ Trailer: Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley Get Bloody, Crash Cars in Cannes-Winning Body-Horror Nightmare
Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley learn the price of perfection — and the pressure of the male gaze — in the first red band trailer for director Coralie Fargeat’s Cannes body-horror sensation “The Substance.”

The film tells the story of a former Hollywood star (Moore) whose career decline lands her in Jane Fonda-style fitness-show territory. Upon being fired, she’s offered a revolutionary medical treatment named The Substance, promising to deliver a younger, enhanced version of herself.

The engaging teaser trailer starts with Moore gazing into a mirror, accompanied by a mesmerizing voiceover: “Have you ever dreamt of a better version of yourself?”
This question sets the stage for a thrilling first look, packed with high-energy imagery. We see Dennis Quaid disgustingly chomping on food, unsettling shower sequences, the mysterious “activation” serum, and Moore violently flying across a room onto a table. Adding to the intrigue, Moore angrily smears lipstick across her face, and Qualley wraps up the teaser with a sly wink.

“The Substance” made a grand entrance onto the 2024 cinematic scene at the Cannes Film Festival, earning an enthusiastic 11-minute standing ovation. It also snagged the best screenplay prize from the jury.

Variety’s chief film critic, Owen Gleiberman, lauded the film’s daring approach, particularly praising its direction, style, and standout performances. He wrote, “Moore’s performance is nothing short of fearless. She’s playing, in some very abstract way, a version of herself (once a star at the center of the universe, now old enough to be seen by sexist Hollywood as past it), and her acting is rippled with anger, terror, despair, and vengeance.”

Mubi has acquired the movie for North American distribution, and will release the film exclusively in theaters.

Produced by five-time Oscar-nominated duo Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner (“Elizabeth,” “Atonement,” “Les Misérables,” “The Theory of Everything,” and “Darkest Hour”), along with Fargeat, who also penned the script, “The Substance” marks Fargeat’s second directorial feature after her intense action-thriller “Revenge” (2017).

This year is shaping up to be monumental for Moore, who is not only in the Emmys conversation for her role in FX’s “Feud: Capote vs. The Swans” but also stars alongside Billy Bob Thornton and Jon Hamm in Taylor Sheridan’s upcoming Paramount+ series “Landman,” premiering on Nov. 17. Moore’s illustrious four-decade career, which boasts memorable roles in films such as “Ghost” (1990) and “Indecent Proposal” (1993), has put her front and center in the hunt her first Oscar nomination for best actress. Qualley’s equally superb work could also factor into the awards discussion, as well as the stellar makeup and hair execution.

TLDR: Reminds me of the Clayface backstory of an aging actor taking a drug that grants them youth but has bad side effects. The drug reminds me of Reanimator.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Watched Abigail and it’s decent. The little girl was obviously the best part. There was way too much cringe dialogue.

Vamp Frank was too over the top and came off corny to me.

So Joey gets bit and that’s it? Or was the old fashioned hand kiss Vamp Dad gave her some kind of antidote? :dwillhuh:
I fukks with Dan Stevens a lot, but yeah, things take a cartoony turn with his character. Not even really his fault either, more something that could’ve been fixed in the script.

Mentioned it in the other thread (there’s like three Abigail threads on here :dead:), but that last act felt like I was watching a sequel to last year’s ‘Renfield’, lol.

Compared to how things fared earlier on in Abigail, it felt like two different flicks by the end. There was some fun in that and also some glaring flaws. Still an enjoyable flick though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I fukks with Dan Stevens a lot, but yeah, things take a cartoony turn with his character. Not even really his fault either, more something that could’ve been fixed in the script.

Mentioned it in the other thread (there’s like three Abigail threads on here :dead:), but that last act felt like I was watching a sequel to last year’s ‘Renfield’, lol.

Compared to how things fared earlier on in Abigail, it felt like two different flicks by the end. There was some fun in that and also some glaring flaws. Still an enjoyable flick though.
it’s worth a watch, especially if you’re a horror head, but I don’t plan on watching it again. :ld:

I never saw Renfield because the trailer didn’t really interest me, and vampires aren’t one of my favorites subgenres.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
‘The Substance’ Trailer: Demi Moore, Dennis Quaid, and Margaret Qualley Get Bloody, Crash Cars in Cannes-Winning Body-Horror Nightmare

Opening in theaters September 20th, 2024

‘The Substance’ Trailer: Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley Get Bloody, Crash Cars in Cannes-Winning Body-Horror Nightmare

TLDR: Reminds me of the Clayface backstory of an aging actor taking a drug that grants them youth but has bad side effects. The drug reminds me of Reanimator.

Has a Brandon Cronenberg feel to it. A little Peter Strickland absurdity too. Margaret Qualley taking on another batshyt insane project. :wow:

Her, Maika Monroe, Mia Goth, and Mikey Madison need to just go ahead and form a stable.

giphy.gif

They may not hit on everything but I’m still sat in the seat for their stuff.