Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Humanoids from the deep (1980)

basically if.....

was a movie.... :russ:

this movie was wild as fukk back in the day

mutated sea creatures, that are only male, need human women to reproduce :dwillhuh:

the third act is golden

great fx, decently acted

shyt I rewatched not long ago. I did not know those mfs were that horny :mjlol:
You right about the fx they were dope

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Late night with the devil was dope. It wasn't perfect and could have been longer, but it was refreshing to see something different for a change. The fact it's set in the 70s made it even better since that whole decade seemed to be generally creepy anyway lol.

That hypnotism scene was genius.

I wish I watched it at the cinema. Best horror flick I've watched in a long time.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Do you know and black content creators that: review horror movies, give horror news, or do reactions to horror movies?
One of the Horror Thread OG posters wrote a bunch of articles for Bloody Disgusting.
First article of the month is up on Bloody Disgusting. Should help with your viewing needs this season

Why ‘The Crazies’ and ‘Dawn of the Dead’ Make for a Perfect Horror Remake Double Feature

Doing remake double features every week this month.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
T.I. West really snapped with a trilogy just like that. I remember being in this thread and hearing the rave reviews about X with reports announcing how West was greenlit two more stories. And just like that the series is complete, faster than I've seen other series finish.

Ranking the movies in order:
1. Maxxxine
2. X
3. Peral

If you enjoyed the first two films, then you will enjoy this one too.

Crazy how Mia Goth is slowly putting up a respectable portfolio in horror. Hopefully, she doesn't break out of the horror world, considering she fits in our world like a glove.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
On the 4th of July I celebrated America by watching some horror movies.

Mother!
Mother%212017.jpg

:dahell::dahell::dahell:

I liked that the movie had me trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I don't understand how Darren Aronofsky wanted us to get to his conclusion, but I enjoyed the ride through the movie. I was never bored or hated what I was watching.
The whole time I was getting the religious metaphors in this movie, and not the Mother Earth ones. A woman being the mother of Jesus or Damien is a common trope in horror so I was thinking thats what they were going to do.

The Bible stuff that I got from it was:
Ed Harris being Adam since he was the first visitor. He also had a scar his side, and God took a rib from Adam in the bible.
Michelle Pfeiffer being Eve since she was their second visitor. She also was more daring like Eve was and broke into the room they weren't allowed in.
The second son being jealous and killing his brother like Cain and Able

Ma
Ma_Official_Movie_Poster.jpg

:snoop::snoop:

What in the LSA?

The movie was pretty bad. Octavia is the only thing that really saved this movie. The story wasn't good and the movie never fully committed to its absurdity. Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker commits to its absurdity and its remained watchable for over 40 years. I don't think I'd watch this again. The teens were never interesting except for maybe the main character and she never got much to do.

Green Room
Green_Room_%28film%29_POSTER.jpg

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

I don't care about Punk music and hate Nazis so I was never interested to watch this. I think the movie had a simple premise but it was executed well. You never knew which if any of the characters would survive. The practical effects were great. I'd definitely watch this again.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Green Room
Green_Room_%28film%29_POSTER.jpg

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

I don't care about Punk music and hate Nazis so I was never interested to watch this. I think the movie had a simple premise but it was executed well. You never knew which if any of the characters would survive. The practical effects were great. I'd definitely watch this again.
Green Room is a favorite of mine. The pace is great, and the tension doesn't let up.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I tried out a throwback anthology that's about as 70's as it gets...

The screenplay is based on short stories, and written by, Robert Bloch aka the author of Psycho. It stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in two of the four shorts. So, we're talking 70's horror to its core. That's true for the stories too...they're a little cheesy and predictable. The villainous characters are indeed villains, and the twists come from a mile away. But the performances and humor make it decent anyway.

It's nothing great, but a decent film that does a good job of capturing the period in horror. 5.5 outta 10

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Late night with the devil was dope. It wasn't perfect and could have been longer, but it was refreshing to see something different for a change. The fact it's set in the 70s made it even better since that whole decade seemed to be generally creepy anyway lol.

That hypnotism scene was genius.

I wish I watched it at the cinema. Best horror flick I've watched in a long time.
Yo that movie was good. Dastmalchian was dope