Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I was really excited for In A Violent Nature and I left the theater last night like :beli:

I would break In A Violent Nature down as basically being:
60 minutes of the killer walking through the woods
20 minutes of kills (half of them pretty awesomely done)
10 minutes of a lady telling a story about her friend Bob being mauled by a bear
The dialogue is shyt but thats fine cause these the worst group of ppl ever, who brings two dykes to the woods, they can be dykes back in the city.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GRP4DjMXMAAcofX

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Slayer:ld:

...sometimes you just wanna see a cheesy non-acting 80s flick:ehh:

I nominate this 99.cent bin dreck for the most zany-headless-FATLITY on a shoestring budget:skip:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A Quiet Place was a pleasant surprise for me. Having a character actively trying to get to Harlem for her favorite slice of pizze is an easy way to get me invested. But more importantly, Lupita BODIED her performance and the English dude did a great job too. Their on-screen chemistry and story really made it easy to root for the characters. I know we've seen a lot of "grief" themes in horror, but this one did it in a manner I found unique and enjoyable.

This also did a bit better than part two with the "ANY noise can get you killed."

On the scare level, it's just impossible for creature features to scare me these days. I give it props for a couple of jump scares that made theatre members scream out loud, but this one's more about the tension of seeing characters in peril that you don't want to die.

Is it a GREAT horror movie? Nah, I still think we're looking for that standout movie of 2024. But it's the best big budget horror of the year so far IMO...though the competition is pretty damned weak.