Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
So like a werewolf? The costume will make or break this movie
breh
you an't lying

a few years back i watched a UK werewolf flick'
i believe it was a decent flick, but the werewolf costume looked like it came from party City , maybe even Wish.com, it was that bad and took mew completely out of the flick.
:russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
breh
you an't lying

a few years back i watched a UK werewolf flick'
i believe it was a decent flick, but the werewolf costume looked like it came from party City , maybe even Wish.com, it was that bad and took mew completely out of the flick.
:russ:
Fam that type of shyt immediately makes me hate a wolf film:russ:Underworld and Dog soldiers set the bar:birdman:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I liked Pamela Springsteen as Angela in Sleepaway Camp II. They went away from how the character was shy in the first movie and I think it worked. I'm actually surprised Felicia Rose has played Angela again in a full movie. I saw IV and that's not really what I mean.

I thought JEH did alright as Freddy. He wasn't the weak part of that mess. The cgi, story, and bad lead were to blame before JEH.

I hope there a new NOES movie being made. Some people think that's what Lee Cronin, Evil Dead Rise, is working on but I doubt it.

The theory stems from:

Old rumor that Blumhouse bought the domestic NOES rights from the Craven Estate.

Cronin's next movie is produced by James Wan and Jason Blum. The movie will be released by Blumhouse and New Line Cinema.

Cronin posted this

Cronin said this

James Wan said this

I don't really think of NOES as "ancient"

If the movie is actually being worked on I'd imagine Mike Flanagan would be doing it. He just started working on the new Exorcist movie for Blumhouse.

I liked JEH as Freddy in the remake , but thats the only thing i liked about it.
whoever signed off on the finished product needed their a$$ beat.

the sleepaway camp series is a weird one - going from an all-time classic - to the lighthearted campy sequels
and Pamela springsteen worked in those - if they wern't official sequels , they would work a lot better

And those Temu pinheads in the Hellraiser sequels :scusthov:
The renake was nice though - the reimagining was just different enough to amke me not want Doug Bradly back

i don't know about anothe NOES , though. unless they go the hellraiser route , its prbably gonna disappoint

if you are going to do a remake , do it like these below:
TCM '03 & Friday the 13th captured the feeling of the originals and managed to add something new to the mythos .

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is a thriller rather than a straight-up horror movie. But I thought it was pretty good.

It almost felt like a reverse The Menu...a poor man's version at least. It's got a plot that keeps sending curveballs the MC's way, which works well enough as long as you suspend disbelief a bit.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Been seeing people hyping the hell out of this on twitter. About to check it out now

4d08aad5dc814bc6eb77f779f997e6c1.jpg

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched In a Violent Nature

I now know why people either hated it or praised it. I thought it was eh. Theres no way I'm watching it again anytime soon.

These boots are made for walking and that's just what they'll do...

I feel like this movie is a joke for about all the people that say they don't care about the teens or humans in a horror movie. Those people say they just want a movie with Jason, Godzilla or whatever monsters.

This was exactly that,like here nikka damn you better be happy :russ:

That revolving shot at the camp fire was making me dizzy.

Edit: I read some of the spoilers on here about the movie that I skipped before until I watched it.

I enjoyed the ending more than any other part of the movie. The story got us to see the people acting like humans, even if it was badly. To me a horror/slasher movie doesn't stand up for me if the human characters dont mean anything to me.

The movie still follows the slasher trope of characters. The final girl, the stoner, the shytty boyfriend, the horny dude(this time played by the woman, and the blond that everyone wants to bang(yoga girl). There's no tension or unease for me in a horror movie when toy don't care about the characters.

The meat of a horror movie to me are the human characters. That is what will bring me back to watching the same movie over and over. If yoy don't watch the characters interact with each other you get this movie which is dude walking through the woods doing nothing. Without the ending you could just watch the kill scenes in a YouTube video and get the same thing without all the walking.

The characters are why I watch F13 Part 4 and 6 more than once. Same with Return of the Living Dead, Scream, IKWYDLS, Sleepaway Camp, NOES 3. If I only cared about the kills and the monster I'd watch Terrifier 1. 2 was better because you cared about Sienna.

Edit again lol: The characters were better in Hatchet 1 which is why I didn't mind the repetitiveness in that movie. The again guy was and Bud from the Cosby's were highlights. The final girl was better in 2 but you need to pad out the rest of the cast better to make a good slasher imo.

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I heard In a Violent Nature is terrible. I wanted to watch it but I seen the reviews.

A Quiet Place Day 1 - If you’re a fan of the franchise you should like this movie. This was an 8/10. I forgot that this was that type of movie so it’s a 6.5/10 outside of that.

there is 0 explanation of the creatures lol.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I watched In a Violent Nature

I now know why people either hated it or praised it. I thought it was eh. Theres no way I'm watching it again anytime soon.

These boots are made for walking and that's just what they'll do...

I feel like this movie is a joke for about all the people that say they don't care about the teens or humans in a horror movie. Those people say they just want a movie with Jason, Godzilla or whatever monsters.

This was exactly that,like here nikka damn you better be happy :russ:

That revolving shot at the camp fire was making me dizzy.

Edit: I read some of the spoilers on here about the movie that I skipped before until I watched it.

I enjoyed the ending more than any other part of the movie. The story got us to see the people acting like humans, even if it was badly. To me a horror/slasher movie doesn't stand up for me if the human characters dont mean anything to me.

The movie still follows the slasher trope of characters. The final girl, the stoner, the shytty boyfriend, the horny dude(this time played by the woman, and the blond that everyone wants to bang(yoga girl). There's no tension or unease for me in a horror movie when toy don't care about the characters.

The meat of a horror movie to me are the human characters. That is what will bring me back to watching the same movie over and over. If yoy don't watch the characters interact with each other you get this movie which is dude walking through the woods doing nothing. Without the ending you could just watch the kill scenes in a YouTube video and get the same thing without all the walking.

The characters are why I watch F13 Part 4 and 6 more than once. Same with Return of the Living Dead, Scream, IKWYDLS, Sleepaway Camp, NOES 3. If I only cared about the kills and the monster I'd watch Terrifier 1. 2 was better because you cared about Sienna.

Edit again lol: The characters were better in Hatchet 1 which is why I didn't mind the repetitiveness in that movie. The again guy was and Bud from the Cosby's were highlights. The final girl was better in 2 but you need to pad out the rest of the cast better to make a good slasher imo.
Ended up falling asleep like 5 minutes in lol. I still give it a look and see what kind of goofiness is going on in this

MV5BZjNlYjg5YzYtMmU4ZC00MzA4LWE5YWYtNTJlOTkyZmQ0YzdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX500_.jpg

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

One of the better thriller/horror films of the year, that will be over looked. Dont want to give too much away, but its about a hotel cook that is in gambling debt, that thinks he is putting himself in a great situation to get out of it due to an unfortunate opportunity, but he ends up in a situation that he least expects and is now thinking on his feet on how to get out of it alive.

Last edited: