Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
been working a lot lately, huge project going on , all hands on deck

watched some while we were meal prepping over the weekend and the wife picked these

Cheat (2023)
Haunted urban legend flick
Americanized japanese curse movie
good trailer --- Meh Movie
well acted though

Dedbolt (2024)
A Tubi original with no brehthren??
basically a movie that couldn't get on lifetime and got picked up by Tubi
Mildly entertaining

Cinderella's Curse (2024)
i may have been really tired... because i did not entirely Despise this one
its not great, but its definitely a time waster if you got nothing else going on.

Decent gore effects, brutal deaths, plot moves quickly
the fake british accents though :russ:
I swear one actor had such a bad fake accent for like 10 minutes and
it must have been so bad they asked them to stop because they had like a random american accent for the rest of the movie
or maybe i got them mixed up

trying to get back on my 80's kick , Got Humanoids from the deep Queued up , but can't get around to watching it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

EXCLUSIVE: With MaXXXine bowing next week, A24 is already jumping back in the horror genre as sources tell deadline it has landed the package Mice with V/H/S architect David Bruckner directing. Todd Spence and Zak White penned the script and the spec marks their first sale to a major studio, quite the sale for first time scribes.

Not much is known plot wise of the film other then it being the horror thriller genre. A24 will finance and produce.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

Edit- needs a spell check or a proofreader

I liked Pamela Springsteen as Angela in Sleepaway Camp II. They went away from how the character was shy in the first movie and I think it worked. I'm actually surprised Felicia Rose has played Angela again in a full movie. I saw IV and that's not really what I mean.

I thought JEH did alright as Freddy. He wasn't the weak part of that mess. The cgi, story, and bad lead were to blame before JEH.

I hope there a new NOES movie being made. Some people think that's what Lee Cronin, Evil Dead Rise, is working on but I doubt it.

The theory stems from:

Old rumor that Blumhouse bought the domestic NOES rights from the Craven Estate.

Cronin's next movie is produced by James Wan and Jason Blum. The movie will be released by Blumhouse and New Line Cinema.

Cronin posted this

Cronin said this
Collaborating with Jason, James and the wonderful teams from these two storied and massively successful organizations is what perfect nightmares are made of,” he continued

James Wan said this
Wan called Cronin “a gifted filmmaker in the world of horror whose storytelling has electrified audiences.,” while Blum added, “he has an intriguing, modern take on something quite ancient that I think audiences will love.”

I don't really think of NOES as "ancient"

If the movie is actually being worked on I'd imagine Mike Flanagan would be doing it. He just started working on the new Exorcist movie for Blumhouse.