Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t had a chance to read this, but I don’t want to lose it.

Each episode of “Crystal Lake,” which was intended to have eight per season, was budgeted at around $9.6 million, but according to sources, A24 wanted to cut that in half.

How the hell do you get to 9.6M for 40 minutes of Friday the 13th:dahell:

Like you said I didn't know they could use the hockey mask and were able to work with the first 4 movies. This would have been a good way to do a reboot for the series.

They said they still want to make the series with Nick Antosca leading everything. So I have some hope. I just hope they don't make it too similar to the new scream movies. I don't know why I gotta say that but I think Thanksgiving suffered because it felt to similar to those movies.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How the hell do you get to 9.6M for 40 minutes of Friday the 13th:dahell:

Like you said I didn't know they could use the hockey mask and were able to work with the first 4 movies. This would have been a good way to do a reboot for the series.

They said they still want to make the series with Nick Antosca leading everything. So I have some hope. I just hope they don't make it too similar to the new scream movies. I don't know why I gotta say that but I think Thanksgiving suffered because it felt to similar to those movies.
My concern with Antosca is it sounds like he wants to start from scratch. I'm not gonna lie, it feels like this is about to be a fumble of epic proportions. But maybe not...A24 may fight to salvage this and save face.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
My concern with Antosca is it sounds like he wants to start from scratch. I'm not gonna lie, it feels like this is about to be a fumble of epic proportions. But maybe not...A24 may fight to salvage this and save face.

Remember that "Jason Universe" announcement from last month that was weird? That and this story actually got me worried that if we get something it'll be sterile.

From the Jason Universe announcement
Added Robbie Barsamian, VP of Horror, Inc.: “We’re focused on honoring the legacy while elevating the fan experience and appealing to today’s horror audiences as we develop new ways to watch, interact and engage with the Jason Universe.”

“With the unique ability to remain at the forefront of pop culture for 44 years, Jason continues to top charts as one of the scariest villains of all time with strong global awareness across multiple generations thanks to billions of TikTok views plus millions and millions of gamers and movie fans,” said Sheri Conn, Global GM of Horror, Inc. “We can’t wait to introduce new Jason Universe activations to these amazing fans.”

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Charlize Theron as Pam Voorhees would’ve been :ohlawd:

8ccc7565272da422db4460b659c6ad3893def5dc.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shudder has Exhuma available now, and I really liked it. @morris called it really good, but not great, and I'd co-sign that take 100%.

The process of excavating an ominous grave unleashes dreadful consequences buried underneath.

A shaman and a geomancer try to help a family beat a "curse" by exhuming a grave and conducting rituals to battle the spirit (kinda like that scene in the Wailing). But there's a lot more going on with the evil entity than they realize. It's got great framing and cinematography, a likeable main cast, and a few nice twists along the way. It runs a little bit long, but the plot is constantly moving, so it doesn't drag as much as the long run time might suggest.

It's a nice refresher after all the catholic religious horror I've watched recently (mainly Immaculate, The First Omen, and films that inspired them).

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
what’s on yall watchlist for this summer? old or new

Or summer horror in general
Longlegs
Maxxxine...even though i find Mia Goth to be overrated
Trap...i'ma need M. Night to redeem his family name after that Watchers movie
I guess Smile 2, now. Didn't know they were cranking out a sequel so soon.

edit: and there are some found footage movies that I want to see like Horror In the High Dessert 3. But those fukking found footage movies always end up in film festival/unreleased purgatory. :francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Watched this. Wanted to like it. Tried to like it. But too arthouse and too much of a slowburn for me (zoom in and pan out sometimes takes like a minute). Takes an hour to really get rolling.

Where’s @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 at??

Haven’t seen her in a good minute

That was my favorite horror of last year. It was definitely slow, but the tone and style grabbed me, and the concept was unique.

It seemed like Nicole was done with the coil altogether last time I heard from her. It's too bad because she was a great presence in this thread.