Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Im sure you was talking about Demons(1985),, since I can't remember watching this I usually do a google image search to remind me ,,,, I may have to watch again because I don't really remember this...

Then I ran across this( look at that poster ) lol :mjpls:,,,,,, i guess this part 3

Black Demons​

They will tear, rip, and bite anyone in their path of vengeance.
Three American college students, dikk, his sister Jessica, and her British boyfriend Kevin, are traveling through Brazil on vacation when dikk, after attending a bizarre voodoo ceremony, develops strange powers. When their jeep breaks down near a small plantation in the jungle outside Rio, the site of a former slave rebellion 150 years ago, dikk uses his powers to raise the dead of six executed Negro slaves whom target the college kids and the residents …more

16375-black-demons-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg
Yes, Argento's Demons.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok as we wait, I want to ask

Best horror sequels or sequel that You would say is better than the original?
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer:fire: The OG one have all the splashy names, but after that it's a

struggle to get through. The second one plot, location, and FUKKERY don't let up, which has sustain its replay value over the years. Plus you got the homie Mehki:laff: goin HAM, and Brandy reppin for the mere Horror Sista Survivor:banderas::myman:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Trick r Treat
That looks good!

1. Trick r' Treat (Prime/Apple TV)
2. 30 Days of Night (Prime/Apple TV)

3. Let's Scare Jessica to Death (Paramount+/Prime/AppleTV)
4. Possessor (Hulu)
5. High Tension (Tubi/Prime)
6. Deep Red (Shudder/Vudu/Pluto/Plex)
7. *Choose your own*
8. Cannibal Holocaust (Shudder/Screambox on Prime)
9. Drag Me to Hell (Prime)
10. Stagefright 1987 (Prime, Tubi, Pluto TV)
11. Dog Soldiers (Hulu)
12. The Funhouse (Peacock)
13. Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives
14. *Choose your own*
15. New Religion (ScreamBox/Prime)
16. The Faculty (Pluto TV)
17. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake
18. Alien 1979 (Hulu)
19. Hellmaster (Tubi)
20. Victor Frankenstein (Prime)
21. *Choose your own*
22. Vicious Fun (Shudder)
23. The Mill (Hulu)
24. The Poughkeepsie Tapes (Tubi)
25. Witch in the Window (Shudder, AMC+)
26. 1408 (Pluto)
27. Ava's Possessions (Prime)
28. *Choose your own*
29. Howling Village (Prime)
30. The Thing (Peacock)
31. John Carpenter’s Halloween (Shudder)

The list is ready to go if anyone wants to get a head start marathoning on the weekend. I'm quarantined with the Rona (figures after coming back from Universal Studios' big crowds); so I'll probably be watching a few myself.
I hit up three movies over the weekend since i was quarantined. Some quick thoughts about each:

Trick R Treat: I consider this a classic in the anthology genre. This time around, I think what stood out the most is how there's not really a wrap-around. It flows from one story to the next, connecting the characters through small interactions that feel completely natural (ie: the girls in the car are heading to the Halloween party and almost hit the girl who just left the cemetery story). The only other anthology that tried something similar was Southbound, and I think this one executed better because it ties everything together better.

30 Days of Night: I saw this one listed as expiring, so I hopped on it before the month changed. I know this is common, but I love that the vampires in this movie aren't charming or noble. They bring brutality from start to finish, which means you tense up as soon as they're present in a scene. I know it's a comic movie and more action-horror than anything...but I feel like they missed an opportunity to get more into how stir-crazy and paranoid everyone gets as time passes. The ending also feels a bit anticlimactic to me. The dude that drove the construction equipment took the most epic moment away from the lead (Josh Hartnett).

Possessor: After watching Infinity Pool, I wanted to revisit Brandon Cronenberg's other big horror movie, so this felt like a good time to check it out. One thing that stands out from Cronenberg is that he doesn't do much exposition. You're thrown into the world, and nobody stops to explain what's happening. You figure it out by watching how everyone interacts with it. Possessor does this really well, with the post-mission interviews showing us how Vos is affected and changed. The kills are grizzly as hell, the dreamlike stuff is a bugout, and I just really like this dystopian take on identity and connection.

I'll queue up Let's Scare Jessica to Death next. Which I've been wanting to rewatch since I checked it out early in the year.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Trick R Treat

I had fun watching this movie. I liked how everything was connected. I really do get some people's faces mixed up because I thought the white girl in the beginning of the movie was the girl that gets Taken in that franchise. I was thinking to myself this is the most fragile white girl in cinema history because she gets killed off in every movie :mjlol: I think the weakest story might be the werewolf one. Only because the dialog with hinting that they were werewolves wasn't that great.

Creepshow 1982

After watching Trick R Treat I rewatched this. Its been awhile so I forgot what happened throughout the movie

In Fathers Day I knew Great Aunt Bedelia killed the dad not because I remembered it but because I saw her smoking a whole Black & Mild. I never seen a grown man much less an old white lady smoke a whole Black & Mild. Not even the wine ones and definitely not a raw regular B&M. You got to be another kind of wrong to smoke that shyt full:scust: She was also drinking a bottle of Whisky I was like, "Damn this old lady is acting like she's about to shoot an episode of Undisputed with Skip Bayless:skip:
ewxrd.jpg

Something to Tide you Over and The Crate were my favorite segments. Leslie Nielsen was good as the scorned husband. He normally plays goofy characters like in Naked Gun so it was surprising seeing him play this type of character. Adrienne Barbeau was great as Billie. Everybody knows someone with a Billie and whenever she shows up you go, "Oh no not this bytch again:snoop:"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I started a little early. Last week I started rolling through the 'Friday the 13th' series as they are all up on Max. So, the first one I've seen quite a bit and it does hold up as a pretty decent slasher with a twist. I like the atmosphere. I like the atmosphere to all of these really, a camp by the lake is always gonna be some creepy shyt with a killer on the loose.

I've gotten through part II and part III now as well. I've seen all of these before but yeah the sequels ain't hittin so far. Gonna keep watching.

It's_Nade

All Star
Daps
I started a little early. Last week I started rolling through the 'Friday the 13th' series as they are all up on Max. So, the first one I've seen quite a bit and it does hold up as a pretty decent slasher with a twist. I like the atmosphere. I like the atmosphere to all of these really, a camp by the lake is always gonna be some creepy shyt with a killer on the loose.

I've gotten through part II and part III now as well. I've seen all of these before but yeah the sequels ain't hittin so far. Gonna keep watching.
This is a series I love but yeah I’m not crazy about II & III. 4 I would say is quintessential Friday the 13th movie. 6 is my favorite, love how gothic it is.