Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I kinda agree. Saw 2 feels like it set the template that a lot of the others would try to follow, but it's the only Saw movie that worked with that path.

My only caveat is that I like the first Saw movie; though I think it's very different from everything after.

Unpopular Horror Opinions is a good topic though! My Unpopular Opinion is that vampire movies are better when the Vampires are more beast than human (ie: 40 days of night and the James Woods Vampires movie)
30 days of night was :wow:
no way the sequel was gonna match that fukkery

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I’m about to explore Dario Argento’s movies. I have Demons 1 and 2 and Suspiria (sp?) on the way. Likely gonna pick up Tenebrae in September (is it worth a buy?). I have Deep Red on deck. Any other movies I Must see? Looking for plenty of gore filled movies.

Opera is my favorite Argento flick. Severin announced a 4K release for it, don't think there's a date yet though.

Tenebrae def worth a buy, IMO.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Opera is my favorite Argento flick. Severin announced a 4K release for it, don't think there's a date yet though.

Tenebrae def worth a buy, IMO.
Any word if the 4k is gonna come with the regular blu? I saw the blu going for about $50 on AMZ. :huhldup:

It’s on Tubi, so I might watch it tonight.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Any word if the 4k is gonna come with the regular blu? I saw the blu going for about $50 on AMZ. :huhldup:

Goddamn :picard: I think Severin put a blu in with their Changeling 4K release, so hopefully the same for Opera

Always avoided them and Vinegar Syndrome for the prices, but might have to cave for Opera

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Someone in Spain took I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream and mashed them together.

It's not as clever as Scream. The mystery doesn't pay off as well as I Know What You Did Last Summer. But I didn't hate it. It follows their formulas so closely that it feels like a love letter to that era's slashers. Like, there are some beat for beat moments with Scream that had to be intentional homage. So, not as good as the classics but it captured that vibe in a way that I appreciated.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This is a cool podcast concept. I haven't checked it yet, just heard about it and won't be able to check it out until I'm done with work. But this is a good spot to share the link (so I'll remember to find it and check out some of the episodes).

Is this good?

I've been interested in stuff like this since I watched the documentary Death of Superman Lives. The guy that made it, Jon Schnepp, was going to do a television show talking about failed film projects. Unfortunately he died in 2018 and I never heard anything else about the show.