Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
SAW II:ehh:

...the first dope one:fire: set the bar high, and the others that follow could never top it:russell:

And, that's my Unopopular Horror Flick Opinion:ld:

I kinda agree. Saw 2 feels like it set the template that a lot of the others would try to follow, but it's the only Saw movie that worked with that path.

My only caveat is that I like the first Saw movie; though I think it's very different from everything after.

Unpopular Horror Opinions is a good topic though! My Unpopular Opinion is that vampire movies are better when the Vampires are more beast than human (ie: 40 days of night and the James Woods Vampires movie)

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yesterday I watched Motel Hell and Blood Diner.

Motell Hell was descent. It was pretty funny nit really gorey. The characters Farmer Vincent and the towns people made the movie imo.

Blood Diner was just ridiculous. I had a fun time watching this movie and will watch it again. I liked how the whole town was crazy minus the cop that transferred in. Favorite part is when the naked chick did Kung Fu. I laughed harder watching this than some straight comedy movies.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm torn on Last Voyage of the Demeter. It's as pure a Dracula movie as you'll get, inspired directly by a chapter of the Bram Stoker novel. The only limitation is that you know where the film is headed from the opening scene. But this is a Dracula movie done right IMO. The acting is really strong. The ship is claustrophobic at times without the locations wearing out their welcome. Dracula is treated like a beast more than anything else, which feels like a nice change of pace for the character.

But none of the scares landed for me. I never felt the tension, and the jump scares barely registered. I assume Dracula was CGI, but regardless I didn't think his design was great. So, I feel like this was a good movie that whiffed on all the most important HORROR aspects for me.
this is why i described LVOTD as "safe". It was a well executed movie. It was just safe and didn't take any risks. But I definitely want to see this again but in 4k because it looked good on the basic AMC theater screen.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
this is why i described LVOTD as "safe". It was a well executed movie. It was just safe and didn't take any risks. But I definitely want to see this again but in 4k because it looked good on the basic AMC theater screen.
I definitely see what you mean; it's pretty by the book about it but well executed. It's cool for keeping the traditional feel; kinda made me want to revisit the 90's Dracula movie with Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder. I haven't watched that in a hot minute.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

SANA​

原題ミンナのウタOriginal TitleMinna no Uta ミンナのウタ

Production Year2023

Release DateAugust 11, 2023

Running Time102

https://www.shochikufilms.com/genre/horror
https://www.shochikufilms.com/director/takashi-shimizu(清水崇)
CastTo be announced
The latest film by Japanese horror master Takashi Shimizu. It’s the birth of a new bloodcurdling horror queen, following in the footsteps of Sadako from Ring and Kayako from Ju-On: The Grudge. Prepare to be haunted by Sana, a young girl who delivers a cursed melody that infects all those who hear it. Shimizu’s Ju-On paved the way for Japanese horror films and even saw a Hollywood remake. In recent years, he has delighted audiences with original works like Howling Village from the smash-hit Terror Village series, and now he's back to his horror roots with his latest film.

SynopsisYou, too, will find yourself humming the melody.
It all started with a cassette tape.
Sana is a mysterious middle school girl who collects “the sound of soul.”
Everyone who hears the melody gets possessed and starts to hum it themselves.
At the end of the cursed melody’s chain of infections lies an unexpected terror waiting to strike. Just what is Sana after?! Once you hum this melody, it will be your undoing.
“Did you get the cassette tape?”

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I finished reading Rosemary's Baby, so I watched the film to see the accuracy between both. Besides some minor changes, the film follows the book faithfully. At the end of the book, Rosemary drugs a female character with sleeping medication. The film has nobody watching Rosemary before she enters Roman's and Minnie's apartment. We also know that Rosemary will raise the baby at the end of the film, but in the book, there is more detail from that final scene. Everyone screams "hail satan, hail Rosemary." In the film it's only "Hail satan" and Rosemary and Roman actually have a little argument over the baby's name, which Rosemary wins since she is the mother.

The LITEST scene from the book is when they do the ritual on her where the devil smashes. They really name-dropped the pope and Jackie Kennedy as characters as part of that Illuminati shyt. The crazy thing is that they're in the film too :laff::laff::laff:. They list Jackie's character in the film as "woman" though, but clearly, the character's image is in Jackie's likeness. I bet people were pissed off back then, but the outrage today would be wild.
---

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors was my personal favorite growing up. Outside of Craven's directed films, this has the best cast in the NoES series. Honestly, this movie would have benefited more as a series itself than as a stand-alone film. There was too much potential not reached due to time limitations.

All these directors did fukk up Wes Craven's vision though :what:. There's a tone with the series and Freddy's character Craven portrays that the other directors can't replicate. Films 2-6 are the ones where you just put on for fukkery purposes while you smoke. The first and New Nightmare brings an aura that demands to be taken seriously.

I don’t know whose decision it was but I think Nancy dying at the end of 3 was so lame, nor did it hold any weight lol for someone being the main character of the series

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Good news everybody...Signal 100 is out on Tubi now, so if you didn't get to watch it due to Screambox being the only option; now you can watch it.

A movie that clearly took some inspiration from Battle Royale, this joint is just pure craziness. A teacher hypnotizes his students and now there are a 100 actions they can take that will cause them to immediately off themselves. The students have to figure out the rules and find a way to survive.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Well damn. They found a 110 minute work print of Hellraiser Bloodline .

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Well damn. They found a 110 minute work print of Hellraiser Bloodline .

I like how the 4k box set is only the first 4 movies. They're like fukk it we already know you don't the other 6 movies :dead:

I liked the remake but I feel like it was too safe. I never knew Kevin Yagher directed movies much less this one. This was actually the first Hellraiser movie I ever saw.

I got a question. I heard of a movie that sounded interesting. It's about a brother and sister. One of the siblings is looking after the other that's become sick. I'm not sure if they explicitly say it or not but it ends up being that the sick sibling is becoming a vampire. I've been looking at vampire movie summaries and haven't found one that matches it.