Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finally watched Insidious the Red Door fam...I give it a mid; not totally trash but a long ways from the best Insidious movies. I liked the premise as an excuse to make everything work, and I thought the early scares were alright. I just felt like it drifted further and further as the plot churned along.

I also feel like as cool as it is to bring back the original actors from the OG films, the chemistry wasn't the same. This was a father/son story at heart, but they had no chemistry and barely interacted. That's disappointing while there is a SO MUCH mother/child fire out there right now.

Also, I think someone else here said it...but this does seem made with love. The actors do their best, the direction and cinematography is strong in places, weak in others. But the script just feels like a major letdown. From dialogue to the way the story advances, it just feels like this was two or three rewrites away from it's potential.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I see why cobweb was released on VOD early. It’s ok I guess. Very cliche and predictable. It’s pg13 and none of the kills are on screen. There’s some gore and jump scares, but the movie is pretty meh. The way it ends is pretty jarring too. 4.5/10 easily the worst horror movie released this year. Don’t rent and don’t go the theater.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I see why cobweb was released on VOD early. It’s ok I guess. Very cliche and predictable. It’s pg13 and none of the kills are on screen. There’s some gore and jump scares, but the movie is pretty meh. The way it ends is pretty jarring too. 4.5/10 easily the worst horror movie released this year. Don’t rent and don’t go the theater.

Luckily this man has not seen Kill Her Goats:mjlol:

I haven't seen Blood and Honey or the Children of the Corn movie. I still don't think it'd be worse than Kill Her Goats.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Fukk it.....l'm in

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My weekend watches were Last Voyage of the Demeter and Cobweb.

Cobweb was pretty good to me. It's got a bit of a modern Grimm's Fairy Tales vibe to it (similar to Antlers from a while back in more than one way). The cinematography was the best part of the movie to me. I could see this team making a realistic Coraline and nailing it.

I'm torn on Last Voyage of the Demeter. It's as pure a Dracula movie as you'll get, inspired directly by a chapter of the Bram Stoker novel. The only limitation is that you know where the film is headed from the opening scene. But this is a Dracula movie done right IMO. The acting is really strong. The ship is claustrophobic at times without the locations wearing out their welcome. Dracula is treated like a beast more than anything else, which feels like a nice change of pace for the character.

But none of the scares landed for me. I never felt the tension, and the jump scares barely registered. I assume Dracula was CGI, but regardless I didn't think his design was great. So, I feel like this was a good movie that whiffed on all the most important HORROR aspects for me.