Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Evil Dead II is a sequel. They condensed the story from 1 into like 5 minutes for a recap. The same main stuff happens and Ash flys off like he did at the end of 1 at the beginning of the film. In Ash Vs The Evil Dead his sister is a cannon character who was in the 1st film, and not the second. The show also shows scenes from EVIL DEAD and EVIL DEAD II. I was re-watching the show but stopped after the 1st episode of season 3.
Never seen the show— is it more of a comedy than a horror?

I feel like II isn’t as dark as the first one and it takes personal enjoyment away from me because I wanted more of a dark aura one had.

And man idk, I know it’s a recap of what happens in the first one— it’s not entirely accurate to the first film now is it?

Like Bruce, Linda, the book, and the ending from part 1 are included but there are so many other details rearranged or erased.

What really doesn’t make sense— fill me in if I’m forgetting something— the book is burned in part 1 right? How the hell are the dead still around in part II?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Never seen the show— is it more of a comedy than a horror?

More of a comedy. The last few episodes of season 1 are great. I say watch the show until you get bored with it. The second season ups the budget a bit and it looks really good. I think season 1 and 2 are worth watching. The show is probably closest to Evil Dead II in terms of comedy, but still somewhere between II and Rise.

I feel like II isn’t as dark as the first one and it takes personal enjoyment away from me because I wanted more of a dark aura one had.

And man idk, I know it’s a recap of what happens in the first one— it’s not entirely accurate to the first film now is it?

Like Bruce, Linda, the book, and the ending from part 1 are included but there are so many other details rearranged or erased.
I think they wanted to make it accurate with Ash's friends and sister but either they didn't have enough money to pay the actors or they were busy.

What really doesn’t make sense— fill me in if I’m forgetting something— the book is burned in part 1 right? How the hell are the dead still around in part II?

I don't think you can destroy the Necronomicon with burning it. They talk about how to destroy it in the show. Remember at the end of Evil Dead the camera zooms around and comes at a screaming Ash. In Evil Dead II they have that part and it sends Ash flying and he gets possessed. I don't know the rules on why some people can beat turning into a deadite in the series. Also at the end of Evil Dead II Ash kills a flying monster but in Army of Darkness they completely skip that part and make Ash get captured. The series seems to retcon things when it wants, but I thing the show did a good job putting everything together.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Huesera-2022-review-horror-1200x675.jpg

Saw this on Shudder. It was aight.
This makes me want to donate to the wall around the border for how wack this is!

Just typical flexible people moving funny with some crunchy sound effects and that's supposed to be scary. :beli:

A spicy cac dyke tries to live a typical straight life.... Marries a dude and has a kid....

Oh no postpartum and her gayness arises.... :beli:
So scary:beli:

shyt also comes off like she a victim and not a piece of shyt. :beli:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
More of a comedy. The last few episodes of season 1 are great. I say watch the show until you get bored with it. The second season ups the budget a bit and it looks really good. I think season 1 and 2 are worth watching. The show is probably closest to Evil Dead II in terms of comedy, but still somewhere between II and Rise.

I think they wanted to make it accurate with Ash's friends and sister but either they didn't have enough money to pay the actors or they were busy.

I don't think you can destroy the Necronomicon with burning it. They talk about how to destroy it in the show. Remember at the end of Evil Dead the camera zooms around and comes at a screaming Ash. In Evil Dead II they have that part and it sends Ash flying and he gets possessed. I don't know the rules on why some people can beat turning into a deadite in the series. Also at the end of Evil Dead II Ash kills a flying monster but in Army of Darkness they completely skip that part and make Ash get captured. The series seems to retcon things when it wants, but I thing the show did a good job putting everything together.

Yeah, ironically, Bruce Campbell is the first person I've heard use the term "Requel"

They couldn't get the rights to Evil Dead to include with the sequel. So instead they reshot everything they had wanted to include in the recap, which I guess led to a bit of retcons thanks to having a new cast and crew to work with. This is from Bruce Campbell himself

“We couldn’t get the rights to our own movie which was the most ridiculous thing ever. So, we just shot a recap with different actors as though that was the recap. There is a big debate on whether Evil Dead 2 is a remake or a sequel. It’s a “requel.” It’s whatever you want to call it.”

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tubi added a horror movie that I feel is fairly slept on. The Alchemist Cookbook

This trailer really botches the tone of the movie, but:

Idk why they play up the humor. It starts funny, but gets pretty crazy. The MC spends most of the movie isolated in the wilderness, music only plays when he turns on his stereo, and a lot of weirdness unfolds. He's trying to conjure something, but we're not clear what and it's tough to distinguish between supernatural and nervous breakdown.

You end up with an inexperienced, unstable dude completely botching an A Dark song ritual. He's pissed off the entity he was trying to call; it's messing with him; and he is LOSING it! I like it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i watched "Nefarious" last night. I think it was pretty good. With that being said, it's a 99% dialogue movie. Most of the movie happens with 2 men talking at a table.(fair warning) BUT it was pretty good in my opinion. A death row inmate claims to be a demon and he goes back and forth with a man there to determine if he's fit for execution.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Royal Jelly (2021)

micro budget horror

its like a student project , and the wife picked cause the thumbnail triggered her trypophobia

they tried.... i will give them that much... the story is okay - coming of age horror

but it drags - the fx appears shoddy the sound is meh

i told my wife when it was done, 'if it was any worse, there would have to be 2 of them!!!"

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This makes me want to donate to the wall around the border for how wack this is!

Just typical flexible people moving funny with some crunchy sound effects and that's supposed to be scary. :beli:

A spicy cac dyke tries to live a typical straight life.... Marries a dude and has a kid....

Oh no postpartum and her gayness arises.... :beli:
So scary:beli:

shyt also comes off like she a victim and not a piece of shyt. :beli:
I hate these kinds of horror films.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
i watched "Nefarious" last night. I think it was pretty good. With that being said, it's a 99% dialogue movie. Most of the movie happens with 2 men talking at a table.(fair warning) BUT it was pretty good in my opinion. A death row inmate claims to be a demon and he goes back and forth with a man there to determine if he's fit for execution.
This actually sounds kinda dope. Are there flashbacks?

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

I forgot Leo was in Critters 3
I want to forget Jack Black was in the I know what you did last summer sequel

Some of these are surprising
Angela basset in Critters flick
Charlize Theron in one of those shytty Children of the corn sequels

Bills gotta get paid, i guess